Main Menu

Window alignment

Started by Mopar5, July 13, 2020, 08:25:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Mopar5

I was hoping this would be a breeze installing the glass but it's par for the course for me ,my gaps are terrible between the quarter and door glass it looks like this will be a lot of time to get this right

anlauto

Quarter glass location looks okay...just move the door glass forward :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Mopar5

anlauto

I wouldn't do your "final" adjustment until the roofrail weatherstrip is in place :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Mrbill426

Mopar5

The car will be getting a vinly top . Can I put the roof rail moldings and weatherstrip on now or do I need to wait?

anlauto

You'll have to wait....the stainless drip rail moldings go on top of the vinyl roof, and the weather-strip channels go on top of them. I usually do the weather-strip channels last, AFTER the headliner and Vinyl top :alan2cents:

Mopar5

Racer57

There is no one adjustment. You basically have to have everything semi-loose and move everything. Back away and drink a beer. Then have everything semi-loose and move everything, Back away and drink a beer. Then when you think you have everything perfectly aligned, open and close door to check fit. Then Back away and drink a beer. Then have everything semi-loose and move everything.

Thats how my luck went at least.  :pullinghair:

Mopar5

Quote from: Racer57 on July 14, 2020, 07:38:23 PM
There is no one adjustment. You basically have to have everything semi-loose and move everything. Back away and drink a beer. Then have everything semi-loose and move everything, Back away and drink a beer. Then when you think you have everything perfectly aligned, open and close door to check fit. Then Back away and drink a beer. Then have everything semi-loose and move everything.

Thank you, I have tinkered with the adjustments and now am a lot more comfortable with how it all works.Another lesson I learned is when working on the quarter windows always stuff rags or paper in the bottom to prevent parts from falling into that area :stop: they are very diffucult to fish out.

anlauto

Quote from: Mopar5 on July 16, 2020, 11:02:55 AM
Quote from: Racer57 on July 14, 2020, 07:38:23 PM

Thank you, I have tinkered with the adjustments and now am a lot more comfortable with how it all works.Another lesson I learned is when working on the quarter windows always stuff rags or paper in the bottom to prevent parts from falling into that area :stop: they are very diffucult to fish out.

Ain't that the truth :rofl: :rofl: