Main Menu

Window trim clips

Started by tparker, June 07, 2020, 02:25:48 PM

Previous topic Next topic

tparker

I looked at the following post and the one it links to

https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/window-trim-clips-locations/7879/

It was some what helpful. But I still have some questions that weren't address. Hopefully some one can help.

1 how high should the holes be drilled? I replaced my roof so most of the original holes are gone. I have two holes on each side, but one is higher than the other. One seems to be right in the middle of the channel and the other is much lower. Or if it helps, how high should the clip be from the edge? Flush, lower, higher?

2 There is are 2 window alignment clips that I have no idea how they work. Any thoughts?

3 After playing around with one clip in the 1 lower hole that is left, I am finding the tolorance is very tight. and that the vinyl top should be cut out from the clip and not tucked behind it. Does that sound right?

4 Glass install. I thought I read the butyl seal was used on the 1970 challenger.  Maybe. I misread that, but the reprinted service manual suggests a caulking. Any thoughts? Apparently there is a size difference that affects how the trim lays.

Sorry for all the questions. Just got my vinyl top installed and excited to get the glass back in only to find these little issues.

Thanks
Tom

Mrbill426