Main Menu

Wiper pivot arm orientation

Started by GoMangoBoys, April 13, 2021, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

Is this the proper orientation of the pivot arm to the wiper motor?
Thanks.

Dakota

I'd suggest leaving the pivot arm off, install the wiper motor, wire it up, run it, then let it go to "park".   That way you'll know it's in the right orientation when you attach the pivot arm.  You can reach the nut and pivot arm by reaching through the hole under the plastic vent grill cover. 

GoMangoBoys

It seemed to me like the arm would only attach one way.  The shaft seems like it is flat on 3 sides and round on one side, but I am not sure.

headejm

Quote from: Dakota on April 13, 2021, 03:50:02 PM
I'd suggest leaving the pivot arm off, install the wiper motor, wire it up, run it, then let it go to "park".   That way you'll know it's in the right orientation when you attach the pivot arm.  You can reach the nut and pivot arm by reaching through the hole under the plastic vent grill cover.

What he said!

anlauto

Quote from: Dakota on April 13, 2021, 03:50:02 PM

Yuuuup :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

TGGodfrey

The Wiper arm does only go on one way.  leaving it off can be easier to get the motor installed on the studs.  Either way works, i have done it both ways on E-bodies and B-Bodies.

Enjoy

Ns1aar

The right mechanic with a big enough wrench can install it 180deg out I've seen it done on some cores I gotten over the years