Main Menu

Wiper transmission arm to clutch

Started by Rdchallenger, December 16, 2021, 01:12:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Hey guys, I'm having some problems trying to figure out how the transmission arm of my wipers attaches to my motor clutch. I looked through my fastener book but not finding anything to see if I'm missing something.

I swear I think I have more questions now with this car than when I was doing major surgery to it haha

RJChallenger

@Rdchallenger  There is a round washer that has as curve to it(spring washer) and and a round spring loaded retaining clip . the big hole at the end of the arm , fits onto the white plastic housing. spring loaded washer not sure which way it goes and then the retaining clip

Rdchallenger

Copy that, looks like that spring loaded washer is there on mine from the picture. No clue how they took the wiper arm off the clutch while leaving that on haha

73chalngr

Took it apart . Then put it back on so you don't lose it , maybe.

Rdchallenger

Hey @RJChallenger you wouldn't happen to have the measurement of that spring washer do you? Looks like Lowes sells them.

RJChallenger

@Rdchallenger   The spring washer dimensions are 1.118 inches with a .400 inch hole in the middle. The amount of spring is about .135 inches . I hope this helps RDchallenger.

Rdchallenger