Main Menu

Work Estimate

Started by gzig5, March 24, 2020, 06:17:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

jimynick

I forgot to mention that the most successful restoration shops around here have told me that they usually try to give a best guess estimate; with the proviso that any unknown damages or repairs/parts that are needed are plus cost. They also tend to take photos all the way through and keep punch time on those jobs, just so there's no BS about gouging or screwing the pooch. They further require a downstroke and will work up to that amount; then call the owner, have him attend if possible and show him everything they've done and whatever else they've found and if there's no agreement on damages and repairs req'd to go forward, the car gets pushed outside for the owner to come and get it. It's a fair setup for all concerned, as far as I'm concerned.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

R/T's 4 R/P

EK2...you commented earlier that the repro firewall needs work before it is installed.
Can you comment on what areas need to be addressed?

Thanks
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

ek3

the  bolts and tabs are very much different than factory... on a 71 for sure ! I will try to get a few pics of them downloaded .. before and after ..

ek3

trying  to load them   :bricks:

ek3

and

ek3

cant get all to load...

ek3

spot weld them back on....

ek3

don't know why the best pic want download..  :pullinghair:  its just like the others..... sorry.

ek3

the replacements are wrong>> check them all !

R/T's 4 R/P

Thanks.
Those rectangular slab nuts are the same issue on the radiator support.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT