Main Menu

33rd annual Belvidere MoPar happening

Started by Duodec, July 21, 2024, 11:05:23 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Duodec

I just realized nobody posted this for this years show and swap.  Yesterday and today (so too late now, sorry) at the Boone County Fairgrounds in Belvidere IL.  where the Chrysler plant is (though I believe it is still furloughed).

I was able to go yesterday for a couple of hours before work called me back (yay for microsoft and crowdstrike, the stinking Lada and Austin Marina of the software world) so I didn't get to walk the cars and snap pics.  I saw some really nice ones in the distance before I left (and I snuck a delay to watch the two nitro dragster startups and the deafening

There may have been a few fewer swap vendors than last year, didn't find anything on my main want list but did pick up a couple of options that I'm happy to have.

Skdmark

I went today. Not very many e-bodies, I think c-bodies outnumbered them.
Overall variety of cars was good with b-bodies and modern muscle being the largest groups. Sorry no pics. either.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

I was there today and had a great time.  I took my Challenger convertible and it was probably the first time I've had it there in 5 or 6 years.
I've been going to that show for over 25 years and remember the good old days when it was at the Chrysler plant there in Belvidere.  There would be 25+ cars in the E body stock class back then.  In recent years E body turnout has been lean and I'm not sure why. 
Other classes have great turnout like B and C bodies. The late 70s/early 80s class has been getting big.  My Magnum would have been at home there today!
But I took it to the Fox Lake show last month, and it was the Convertible's turn to be in a show.  I'm glad helped boost E body turnout by 1!
I took tons of pictures but need to get them organized in a Flickr album.  I'll post it when I get to that.

Skdmark

I still have the red thermal mug CMC gave out from 2000 or so when it was at the Belvidere plant.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

JH27N0B

MEK-Dangerous

Thanks for those pictures.   :clapping:
You are a really good photographer. Unlike myself. Anyway, I'm surprised to see so many of those mid-70's Cordobas and Chargers are still out there.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org