Main Menu

2018 MCACN Tips

Started by FlatlandTA, February 18, 2018, 08:02:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

FlatlandTA

Never attended MCACN before but going to make the trip this year,looking for input etc to maximize our time there,where to stay,eat if there's time etc etc lol
Thanks In Advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anlauto

Try and get a room at the hotel across the street, be sure to eat in the Steakhouse in the lobby. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

FlatlandTA

Quote from: anlauto on February 18, 2018, 08:14:38 PM
Try and get a room at the hotel across the street, be sure to eat in the Steakhouse in the lobby. :alan2cents:
Steakhouse perfect I shouldn't go hungry [emoji39]
[emoji106]

anlauto

The place is called Gibson's, you'll want the 48oz Porterhouse  :banana: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

I don't even want to think about what a 48 oz porterhouse costs there, or what anything costs there for that matter!
The convention center is in an entertainment district with 5 or 6 hotels right across the street and a number of restaurants and bars.  Even a movie theater and an outlet mall across the street.
If you are feeling adventuresome, there is an El station about 2 blocks north, hop on the El and you can be in downtown Chicago in less than 30 minutes!
I always stop at Johnnies after setup on Friday to get the best Italian beef in Chicagoland.  It's about 10 miles northwest of the show, but 5 minutes from my house.  :drooling: If you go there be advised, it's cash only!

FlatlandTA

Quote from: JH27N0B on February 18, 2018, 08:29:56 PM
I don't even want to think about what a 48 oz porterhouse costs there, or what anything costs there for that matter!
The convention center is in an entertainment district with 5 or 6 hotels right across the street and a number of restaurants and bars.  Even a movie theater and an outlet mall across the street.
If you are feeling adventuresome, there is an El station about 2 blocks north, hop on the El and you can be in downtown Chicago in less than 30 minutes!
I always stop at Johnnies after setup on Friday to get the best Italian beef in Chicagoland.  It's about 10 miles northwest of the show, but 5 minutes from my house.  :drooling: If you go there be advised, it's cash only!
[emoji106]