Main Menu

A couple of gems from Monster Musclecar St Louis 13-14 Sept

Started by RzeroB, September 14, 2019, 10:19:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

RzeroB

Went to Monster Musclecar today in St Louis. As it has been since the title rights holder changed hands 5-6 years ago or so ... it was underwhelming and disappointing. But go I did ... even with low expectations how could I not as it is only 22 miles from my house.

Mostly racing with a very small car show field. But in that small car show were two very surprising jewels that made the trip worthwhile. Check out these gems that were in attendance ...

The '71 Cuda belongs to Tim Kues and after a five year restoration this was it's first public debut. This "creamsicle" dream was mouth-watering gorgeos! Beautiful Tor-Red with factory white billboards and a H6XV orange interior. Under the hood is a numbers matching 340 with a ... get this ... column shift automatic (where do all of these column shift 'Cuda's come from?). Tim added the Shaker and Go-Wing as a matter of personal preference, but the rest is all per the fender tag. I asked Tim if he knew about E-B org and he said that he did, but that he doesn't participate on the site because his anti-virus (or something?) doesn't like the site? Wierd I know.

The '70 Challenger belongs to Tony Kelly. It's a real V-code done up in Go-Mango with a ... get this ... a V02 black painted roof. How cool is that? Under the hood is the 440-6 (don't think it's numbers matching) backed up by a 4-speed and a Super Track Pack Dana out back. Check out the fender tag ... this V-code is well put together. I didn't get to talk to Tony but he did leave his number on the dash as he is looking to sell this two-tone V-code. Interested? Give Tony a call.

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Cuda Cody

7E-Bodies

Hope the for sale sticker wasn't added by a passer by as a prank on someone. Seems odd to have that nice of a car with a sticky note. Gotta admit, that'd generate a busy phone on an unsuspecting buddy. Lol.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Chryco Psycho