Main Menu

(Bay Area) Wanna get away cruise?

Started by Topcat, April 24, 2020, 08:10:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Topcat

Any car but I wanna see mostly Mopars. We all need  to get out! Right?
Low headers I can give you an alternative route.

Destination is Corralitos Meats & Deli in Watsonville.
Then drive back thru the Santa Cruz Redwoods. Beautiful Drive   :worship: and tasty treats!   :wowzers:

Directions to Corralitos Sausage & Deli

Start:
•   Peet's  Coffee Parking lot.  Los  Gatos. Kings Court Shopping center. 798 Blossom Hill Rd.
•   Heads towards  San Jose direction. Turn Right on Camden Ave. (marker 1604 Blossom Hill Rd)
•   Continue up and over on Camden Ave until reaching the corner of 6465 Almaden Rd. (Wells Fargo/76 Gas Station corner)
•   
•   STOP!!!   Meet in parking lot to round up last one's not  to be left behind. (Near Wells  Fargo)
•   Take Almaden Rd to  Harry Rd. Turn Right on Harry Rd.
•   Left on Mc Kean Rd.  (This is the longer stretch of the cruise)
•   Passing by: Calero Park, Calero Reservoir.
•   Keep going past Mead Ranch (G8) until Eastman Canyon overpass.
•   
•   STOP!!! ...Uvas Reservoir Parking Lot. Catch up everyone and restroom break.
•   Continue until reaching crossroads to Hecker Pass Highway.
•   Up and over 152 hwy. until reaching Valero Gas station.
•   Stop!! At Velero Gas station, we will all be lined up  to  go to Corralitos Market before final miles.
•   Freedom blvd. goes to Hwy 1 to Porter St. exit  to Old Santa Cruz Hwy.
•   Last Stop is at Old Summit Market and/or Park just  a mile ahead.

Topcat

Meeting time is 11:30 am to 12 noon at  Peet's coffee on 4/25.

Scooter

Usually be all over it.. tomorrow is the wife's 50th Birthday sooo.. not gonna happen. Have fun.. should be a great day for a cruise!

:woohoo:

JS29

Maybe the wife would like to get out of the house and go for a ride!  :driving:

Scooter

Normally heck ya... but we have plans already.  :bigthumb:

Topcat

A couple of guys and myself are planning on doing the Bay Area Power Tours.

Next cruise will be out to Alice's restaurant then to La Honda then down hwy 1.

IRON MAN

Good luck with the power tour. Bunch of Mopars together will look like non essential driving. My son has property near Ashland, OR. He wants me to visit. Warned me not to cross over into Oregon on the Interstate 5 with California plates. The CHP are enforcing the essential driving requirement up until 5pm. There are other roads into Oregon.

Topcat

When Covid ends, let's talk about this.

This is a really great cruise during early Spring.

7212Mopar

Mike, don't have to wait until COVID is over. I can't believe I missed this one that happened last month at my own backyard along El Camino in San Mateo. Kind of reminds me back in the days in the late 70s, early 80s. There is a Facebook page call "Bay Area Cruise Night". Check it out. Here is a video of the cruise. Looks like no issue with SMPD.

1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

floorit426

I took my car to this, four or five years ago. It is a blast and seems like a safe environment. I keep missing it, though. If you are, ahem, older, and grew up in the bay are, it is the same location as one of the hotter cruising strips. Same car, same road. It brought back plenty of memories, for sure!

7212Mopar

Same road for sure  but lots of changes along the route since. Back then my friends and I cruised down El Camino from San Bruno down to Redwood City. Pretty much every gas stations and fast foods are hang out spots. Lots of actions when cops not around. All was good until the cops really crack down cruising around the late 80s.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket