Main Menu

Chicagoland Mopar Connection Belvidere Mopar Happening Car Show July 22 &23

Started by JH27N0B, April 30, 2017, 07:55:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

JH27N0B

Chicagoland Mopar Connection hosts the Northern IL/Chicago area's biggest Mopar car show at the Boone County fairgrounds in Belvidere IL.  Saturday has the show and shine day along with the Midwest Dodge Charger show, and Sunday is the Car show day with trophies etc.  Always a great show with 300+ cars in the show Saturday and a good swap meet both days.  :bigthumb:
Here are some pictures from last years event.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157670723795592

Cuda Cody

JH27N0B

Back in the 90s and early 2000s, that show was getting to be one of the best Mopar shows in the country.  It was one day only and held on the grounds of the Belvidere Chrysler assembly plant.
The club wanted to expand the show to 2 days but the plant couldn't accommodate the show on Saturday as the plant is usually in operation Saturdays.  So the show was moved to the nearby fairgrounds.  The show has shrunk in size some since its peak at the plant, they'd get close to 500 cars at the plant.  But still, getting 300 cars every year at the fairgrounds and a decent size swap meet, is nothing to scoff at. Plenty of room for more, so anyone thinking of going, please do, maybe we can get 500+ cars again!
Cars come from IL, WI, Iowa and even Indiana. 
My big dilemma for this years show is that I want to get my trailer queen T/A out there.  Only problem is I don't have a trailer!  :bricks: 

JH27N0B

This coming weekend!
The weather forecast was looking bad, but seems to be getting better.  :fingerscrossed:
Now they are saying storms early Saturday, and then late, but really hot.
Sunday is looking now looking better, hopefully dry all day!
I'm going to stop by for a bit on Saturday to see the swap meet and Dodge Charger show.
Either just spectate or put my '09 in the modern class on Sunday display only, where I might have trouble finding it later in the mob of new cars.
Anyone with a trailer who wants to volunteer to haul my T/A there and back on Sunday, let me know!  I wish I could display it.  But I'm not holding my breath.  :haha:

Cuda Cody

hawkfn18

JH27N0B

It sure was hot and humid this weekend.  I still had a good time seeing some friends.
I had to leave at 12:30 and spotted a orange AAR headed toward the show as I drove away. Sorry I missed seeing it up close!
Here are my pictures.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111914442@N04/albums/72157683939552744

Cuda Cody

jordan

I have attended that show for many years until just recently.  I missed it again because of the vintage car races at Road America in Elkhart Lake Wi.  Watching 60s CanAm cars roaring around the track at race pace is unbelievable.  It is hard to sit at a hot sticky show with no car movement now.  I do think is is a great show to attend, but, the smell of burnt race fuel has lured me away.  I did get to see an original paint 40k mi limelight 440 super bird at the street car Concours D' Elegance though!! 
"Don't brake until you see God!"