Main Menu

Fall Fling Van Nuys CA

Started by CudaMoparRay, October 14, 2019, 01:05:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

Cody @Cuda Cody , Neil @nsmall these are the last ones I took so I hope that it was enough.
If not my brother-in-law took some I can get from him.  :rubeyes:
BTW Myself @CudaMoparRay , Al @/sixchall and Mike @YellowThumper missed you Neil @nsmall hopefully at this coming Spring Fling add to the selfie in pic 126  :grouphug:

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for posting the pics, A lot of interesting cars there.
Sheldon

Cuda Cody

:iagree:  Thank for sharing all the photos.   :clapping:

YellowThumper

Yes it was a perfect day.
Great to meet new and past moparians...
Also a FYI. They changed up the entry and exit for the cars to limit traveling the normal dusty road. Overall there was significant reduction of dust.
Much appreciated.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

nsmall

Thanks for the photos.  Really hope to make the spring fling.  Spent 3 hours detailing my car for the show, it's the cleanest it's ever looked.  @CudaMoparRay was your new ride a fan favorite?

autoxcuda

Did you guys buy anything in the swap meet?

Did you try the new Froyo (frozen yogurt) or Mexican Food trucks?

This is what I bought in the swap

$30: 727/833 std yolk output shaft. I think it's NOS aftermarket replacement that had some surface rust for my 68 Cuda

$15: std yolk 10 spline 742/741 case rear end input yolk for my 68 Cuda

$60: repro take off a show car A/B body door handles. For my 68 Dart or Cuda

$40: set of uncut 69? Dart door panels to temporarily run in my 68 Cuda

$15: old school steel Black and Decker "Work Mate" fold up work stand

$20: 50ft air hose real barely used. Said it wouldn't retract 10% of the time. Tested fine to me.

Free someone gave me a steering coupler safety wire for helping price leftover parts of his deceased father in law who had a 70 Hemi GTX and 70 340 Duster (long sold).

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: nsmall on October 28, 2019, 07:15:25 PM
Thanks for the photos.  Really hope to make the spring fling.  Spent 3 hours detailing my car for the show, it's the cleanest it's ever looked.  @CudaMoparRay was your new ride a fan favorite?

@nsmall  That fire really messed things up. The bright side is nothing happened to you or your car.

LOL  :haha: I don't know about it being a fan favorite but quite a few people did make favorable commentary.
Mainly they liked the V21 hood stripe treatment.

70 Challenger Lover

I found the power steering column I wanted. Needs restoration of course but it included the coupler, crush can, wood steering wheel with no cracks, all mounting brackets, etc for $200. When I'm ready, I'll sell my manual column and probably wind up slightly ahead in the end.

autoxcuda

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on October 29, 2019, 06:14:00 AM
I found the power steering column I wanted. Needs restoration of course but it included the coupler, crush can, wood steering wheel with no cracks, all mounting brackets, etc for $200. When I'm ready, I'll sell my manual column and probably wind up slightly ahead in the end.

Is this you? @70 Challenger Lover

Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

YellowThumper

Bought a crush can to cut and reweld shorter.
With that said...
I have no intention of using it. If someone is interested (first reply first serve) I will sell to them at $30 purchase and shipping cost. Part will be welded and finish shaped to look normal. Probably do a rattle can dusting to confirm finish looks good.
Think about an inch shorter will be starting point.

Mike.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.