Main Menu

First car show - won an award

Started by Dakota, August 17, 2021, 04:07:32 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dakota

For the first time, I took my Challenger to a car show.   I much prefer to be driving my car than showing it, but the event organizers were donating all the process to a non-profit I'm involved with so I signed up.  There were over 200 vehicles entered on what turned out to be a gorgeous day this past Sunday.  Although they weren't many Mopars present (I think I saw 8?), they did well on awards.   "Best of Show" went to a beautiful GTX with a 6 pack.  A Belvedere wagon won "Best 1960's" and my car won "Best 1970's".   I also got a close look at a '21 Challenger "1320" (as in the number of feet in a quarter mile) factory drag car which was really cool. 

It was a new (and weird) experience for me watching people lean up close to the Challenger and chatting but often not loud enough for me to hear.  Whenever I saw parents with young kids by the car, I offered to let the kids sit in it for a picture - never too young to get 'em started on the hobby.  The Plum Crazy color made for the backdrop on a bunch of pictures too. 

Overall, a good day.   

And yes, I forgot to take a picture of my car, but here are some others that were there....

chargerdon

Everybody loves Plum Crazy !!   First time i showed mine was at a sponsored cruise-in that gave out one award...  called Blakes choice...a 10 year old who picked his favorite car.   

My 74 was his choice...why...cause he loves Challengers and Plum Crazy is his favorite color !!.... Made me feel so proud !!

Brads70

:clapping:  Congrats , nice to see others appreciating all your efforts too!

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

Mopsquad

Congratulations!  I can't tell you the number of times I've brought my cars to car shows, taken hundreds of pics, and not one of my car!  lol

BIGSHCLUNK

Congrats DAKOTA !   Nice to see you got some recognition for some good work.  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

ZippyZoo

Congratulations, Dakota.
It's always nice to be recognized for your hard work!
Yeah - and let's see a recent picture of your finished car!!!

GoMangoBoys

I've seen this car in person.  It IS worthy of a trophy.  I too get more satisfaction out of driving them than winning trophies, but a trophy now and then is nice.  good for you man!

71383bee

Congrats!!!!

Yep plum crazy just pulls something out of people. My 71 super bee got tons of awards where my current challengers are more original and rare get a lot less attention. 

I remember my original paint 71 EL5 roadrunner air grabber car would get half the attention the super bee did.

It's all good though. Purple is a passionate color and any day out with your ride is a real joy.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Poolshark314

Congrats Warren! Hope to see it in person sometime!
1973 Barracuda
2012 Charger R/T AWD

Dakota

Quote from: ZippyZoo on August 17, 2021, 03:00:08 PM
Yeah - and let's see a recent picture of your finished car!!!

This was from the cruise Facebook page...

blown motor

Congratulations Warren! A well deserved award.  :1place:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

BIGSHCLUNK

70/6chall

Congratulation Warren, I know how hard you worked to get it out there. This is where you stand back admire the car and the trophy.   Al

70 Top Banana

Car looks great, well deserved! Was the show in or around Buffalo!