Main Menu

Frankenmuth Auto Fest - Michigan

Started by Spikedog08, August 23, 2017, 09:35:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Spikedog08

This is a great show that is always the weekend after Labor Day! 

So the Friday street party is awesome!  Cars will cruise up until about 4:00 and at that time, they close the street.  Cars are lined up on all the side streets waiting to get out onto the main road.  At 5:00, they start letting cars onto the main drag to line up for the show. (takes about 5 minutes)   They pile in pretty quick!  Once the street is full of cars, all the people pour in and let the fun begin.  It will be wall to wall people in the street! This part of the show is free for all show cars!   

Saturday the show is in the park across the river from the main drag!  River side park is pretty nice and will hold a lot of cars!  Once you park, you can walk across the bridge into town to enjoy the stores and shopping and in my case . . . the brewing company!   That is right on the river and you can see the cars in the park from the balcony. 

Sunday is pretty much the same . . . definitely a great show. Not sure if I will make Saturday or Sunday yet but am going to try to hit the street party! 

I saw on the website that on Sunday, they will allow newer model cars for the first time!  Not sure how that is going to work out?? 

http://www.frankenmuthautofest.net/

Spikedog
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

ksierens

Wow, I am about an hour and a half from there, and never knew about it!  After my car is done, I will definitely need to check it out!
1970 Challenger R/T 440 Six Pack 4 Speed Dana 3.54

blown motor

I plan on going! I went a few years ago but just for the Saturday. Will make it for Friday this year. Spikedog, I remember you saying at Carlisle that they "always" have good weather for it. I'm going to hold you to that.  :yes:

Is anyone else from Ontario going?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

blown motor

Hey Brad, I just checked Googlemaps. It's only 4 hours and 51 minutes! That's a lot shorter than Carlisle. You could do this!  :bradsthumb:
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: blown motor on August 23, 2017, 09:50:23 AM
Spikedog, I remember you saying at Carlisle that they "always" have good weather for it. I'm going to hold you to that.  :yes:

Well you just ruined that!  If it is sh!tty . . . I'm gonna blame you!    :unbelievable:

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on August 23, 2017, 09:59:04 AM
Hey Brad, I just checked Googlemaps. It's only 4 hours and 51 minutes! That's a lot shorter than Carlisle. You could do this!  :bradsthumb:

Sounds like fun but I'll me with Mark, down south at Hotrods Dragweek .... I had to add in "Hotrod" in case someone got the wrong idea.... :D

MEK-Dangerous

This is over 9 hours drive away from me which stinks!

I was in Frankenmuth once in the mid- 70's. I remember a store that sold Christmas stuff year round. My most vivid memory was eating at the Bavarian Inn. I don't remember what I ordered, but that might have been the best dinner I've ever had. Now....If I can only remember what I ordered?   :bricks:

Spikedog08

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on August 24, 2017, 01:41:49 PM
This is over 9 hours drive away from me which stinks!

I was in Frankenmuth once in the mid- 70's. I remember a store that sold Christmas stuff year round. My most vivid memory was eating at the Bavarian Inn. I don't remember what I ordered, but that might have been the best dinner I've ever had. Now....If I can only remember what I ordered?   :bricks:

They are most famous for their chicken dinner with mash potatoes and gravy, stuffing and veggies.  The Christmas store is really Famous . . . Bronners is the name and they are the largest Christmas store and open all year.  The town is Bavarian style and has a lot of really cute store front!