Main Menu

FREE INDOOR RACING SCHOOL - MARCH 18, 2023 - HSAX, HPDE, W2W, CORNER WORKING

Started by MOPAR MITCH, March 10, 2023, 09:25:20 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MOPAR MITCH

Interested in running your car on a real road race track? Then come find out what its all about at the NORTH SUBURBAN SPORTS CAR CLUB'S 64th Annual FREE INDOOR RACING SCHOOL (member club of the Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs).

SATURDAY, MARCH 18, 2023; gates open for entry from 8-10AM; classroom starts at 9AM.
BLACKHAWK FARMS RACEWAY, 15538 PRARIE ROAD, SOUTH BELOIT, ILLINOIS 61080 (just north and west of Rockford, IL).

Learn the basics of what it takes to get started and involved with HSAX, HPDE, W2W road racing, and Corner Working the races.

No Experience required. This will be a casual classroom experience with experienced racing teachers -- later splitting up into different groups of interest.

BLACKHAWK FARMS RACEWAY is a 1.9 MILE long track with a beautiful country setting, indoor pavilion with fireplace, clean restrooms, and a nice cafe'. We'll have lunch served for about $10.

You don't need a helmet, or a race car... just come for the day. Weather permitting, we'll walk the course in the afternoon and take drive-arounds ($20 fee requested for on-track with you car - cash only). This is not a race, but its an excellent introduction to our racing events and our clubs. A season schedule of races/events from MCSCC will be available. All ages are welcome!.

Pre-registration is requested, although we'll gladly take you the day of the event. Google MOTORSPORTSREG Free Indoor Racing School

NOTE: I've been an active member of NSSCC/MCSCC for nearly 15 years, and I've been doing these events for many longer years -- all with my 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A (HSAX and HPDE).  I'd truly love to see more MOPARS get involved!

MOPAR MITCH

Well... for those of you who missed it for whatever reason, we had an excellent indoor classroom with all attendees... close to 50 students!.. despite a fairly cold day only in the upper 20s (coldest day of 2023). We walked the track mid-day (just before our lunch break.. Subway Sandwiches for all)... 1.9 miles). Then mid-afternoon when classes were all done, we spent about 60 minutes ON-TRACK (at medium speeds, avg'g around 50 mph per lap) for multiple-grouped lapping sessions. Everyone had a great time!

For more information about Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs, visit www.MCSCC.org to see the 2023 season schedule, etc.

An ON-TRACK racing school (mostly for W2W racers to qualify for their W2W racing license, but also for HSAX/HPDE drivers for improved skills) is additionally scheduled and hosted by MCSCC for the weekend of April 22-23, 2023 at Blackhawk Farms Raceway (South Beloit / Rockton, ILL).