Main Menu

I know it's a Camero, but....

Started by blown motor, June 06, 2018, 06:49:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Went to a show this evening and saw this rare 69 Z28 Camero. Factory cross ram intake with dual quads, 24,000 miles, original owner.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

1 Wild R/T

No Z-28 was ever factory-built with a cross-ram intake manifold... It was sold as an over the counter race package... Still a very cool Camaro...

blown motor

I stand corrected in my description. Call it genuine as opposed to aftermarket. Rare either way.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

6bblgt

that' all I got  :vipermanhiding:

Brads70

anlauto

Yea it's rare they probably only made 15,000 of them :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Brads70

Quote from: anlauto on June 06, 2018, 07:06:01 PM
Yea it's rare they probably only made 15,000 of them :rofl:

You mean like the survival rate of 300% for Hemi Cuda's?  :haha:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Topcat

Quote from: blown motor on June 06, 2018, 06:58:07 PM
I stand corrected in my description. Call it genuine as opposed to aftermarket. Rare either way.

Yeah, I heard cross Ram 302's were sold as OEM off the  lot.   :dunno:

Spikedog08

If I was forced to own a Chevy . . It would have to be a 67-69 Camero . . I actually did have one in my younger days as a daily driver . . lol
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

jimynick

Quote from: Topcat on June 06, 2018, 07:17:49 PM

My understanding (and I worked in a Chev dealership from 71-78) was that you could order the 2-4's from the factory, but they came in boxes in the trunk and were a dealer installed option. Food for the mill.  :thinking:
PS, the 69 Camaro was the highest production Camaro built as there was a strike that affected production of the 70's, so they just kept on cranking out the 69's- hence the 70 1/2 Camaro. That's a good thing as I think they're the best looking Camaros ever built and the 302 and 396 cars went like bats out of Hell, like 'em or not. I do.
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: jimynick on June 06, 2018, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: Topcat on June 06, 2018, 07:17:49 PM

My understanding (and I worked in a Chev dealership from 71-78) was that you could order the 2-4's from the factory, but they came in boxes in the trunk and were a dealer installed option. Food for the mill.  :thinking:
PS, the 69 Camaro was the highest production Camaro built as there was a strike that affected production of the 70's, so they just kept on cranking out the 69's- hence the 70 1/2 Camaro. That's a good thing as I think they're the best looking Camaros ever built and the 302 and 396 cars went like bats out of Hell, like 'em or not. I do.

IMO 69 was absolutely the best looking Camaro....   

RUNCHARGER

I prefer the 70.5 Z28, RS myself. Along with the 370HP LT1 that it came with. They look almost as good as the 67 Cuda they copied the profile from.
Sheldon

nsmall

Who made more 67-69's, camaro or mustang?

I heard someone say there were more Mustangs made in 67 vs all cudas (or challengers or both) made from 70-74.  Not sure if its true??? I have a horrible memory so maybe I am totally worng.

I like most muscle cars, but theres just something about the e-body that  :inlove:

6bblgt

:looney: 1967 Ford Mustang model year output = 472,121