Main Menu

I missed the car of my dreams...

Started by ViperMan, July 31, 2017, 08:33:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Our good buddy Dan Zimmerman attended the Concourse D'Elegance in Detroit yesterday - I've attended the show a few times with him in the past but missed it the past two years...  He invited me up this past weekend, my wife told me I should go, our buddy Spikedog offered me a room, and I STILL declined, only because I was planning to show the Viper at a small, local car show here in Middletown...

...boy was that ever a bad call...

Because THIS car was at the show in Detroit...

Cuda Cody

1 Wild R/T

It could be worse....  I recently missed the house of my dreams.... 2 acres, 2 shops (and room for more) & a very nice 1500 sf house....

ViperMan

Know what that is?  It's a 2004 Chrysler ME-412 "Supercar" Concept.  Using a modified, 12-cylinder AMG engine with FOUR turbos, it delivered 850 horsepower.

I remember the car debuting at NAIAS (North America International Auto Show) in 2004, and I was in love at first sight.  I have die-cast models, I snagged a press kit from NAIAS on eBay, and collected nearly every high-res photo I could find online.

...and there was one sitting at a golf course in Detroit that I could have drooled on...

....FROM THE INSIDE!!!!

"What are you talking about, ViperDweeb?"  Well, the guy who brought the car was none other than Ralph Gilles - CEO of SRT at Chrysler.  And since Dan has worked with Ralph for 2 decades, he was BEHIND the ropes at Concourse this weekend, and via text this morning, said, "Sorry to add salt to your wounds, but I could've gotten you to sit in it if you were there..."

I am as sad as sad can be this morning.

:crying:

Cuda Cody

I might have photos of that car at one of the Dodge Viper owners gathers from over a decade ago.  I think they brought it along with some other prototypes.

ViperMan

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I have had the worst automotive luck over the past 2 months...

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Chryco Psycho

Never seen that in person but I would like to !
Not a round taillight Cuda but it does have round taillights ....... approx 50 of them !!

ViperMan

Quote from: Spikedog Rules! on July 31, 2017, 05:42:39 PM
So sad .  .  .  :-[

I tell ya what - I'm GOING to that show next year!!!  Of course, lightning won't strike twice, but I'm going to chance it anyways!  :)

cudajunction

Oh wow, I would tell you what I think, but that is just pouring salt in the wound.  We decided a couple years ago that "**** **" we are going and have attended a few shows we would normally never go to, or have been to, enjoyed and go back. Obviously all of the Mopar faithful have to pick and choose, but my advice is - when in doubt - "Go."  We only get so many spins around, enjoy it.  I know, deep.   :unbelievable: