Main Menu

Indy cylinder head Swap Meet

Started by R/T's 4 R/P, January 20, 2022, 06:11:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

R/T's 4 R/P

I noticed that on the Indy website it says 'set up is in March 3' and the swap meet is the 4th and 5th.
The 3rd is a Thursday.?
Is that correct or is set up on Friday and the show the 5/6?
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

69BFan

The show dates have been changed to a Thursday setup with the show opening to the public on Friday and Saturday.  Tear down will start at 5 on Saturday afternoon with no activities on Sunday. 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

headejm

Can you tell us more details about this swap meet? I've heard of it but really don't have any details. Is it worth going to?

69BFan

The Indy show was awesome some five to six years ago as you had most all of the larger vendors and reproduction businesses showing up for basically a one day show.  Due to the expenses and efforts to come in and setup for basically one day, several of the larger vendors have decided to skip the event in the past two to three years. 

I know that we will be cutting back considerably on what we plan on bringing to the show this year.  I have spoke to several of the other larger vendors and they are likewise planning on cutting back as the industry is still experiencing supply issues as either the components or the finished assembly is not available.

The show in the past has always been a sell out in spaces available.  You will find guys bringing in parts that they have accumulated over the years to guys selling off the NOS parts that they have stashed away.  Seeing that it does not necessarily draw some of the same vendors and spectators as say Carlisle, you do get to see some different pieces and smaller scale vendors.

The new owners of the Indy Cylinder Head business have been very good to work with for the show and they have brought some new blood to the show.  In the years past, they would post a listing on their Facebook site with the vendors attending.  I would suggest if you should be planning on attending and hoping to meet up with a preferred vendor, then give them a call to confirm that they will be attending and will be able to deliver the parts you should desire. 

For anyone looking for any of the Dale's Cuda Shop and Quirey Quality Design pieces along with the Top Catwhiskers, drop me a note for what your looking to find.  If available, then we will make it a priority to make sure to bring those pieces.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.