Main Menu

Kenosha Downtown Cruise In

Started by 71383bee, September 01, 2021, 09:12:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

71383bee

Just putting this out there to anyone in the Midwest area. 

The Local cruise group in Kenosha WI puts on an annual Labor Day Weekend show that takes place in downtown Kenosha on Saturday the 4th from 9AM till 4PM.  They close the full downtown area and line up cars for several blocks.  There is also a large overflow vacant lot that they load up.  The weather is almost always perfect and you are right on the lakefront.  The event usually brings in over 1,500 + cars and is a pretty big deal.  Admission is free but they take donations to the local food pantry.

If you are within a hundred mile radius or so and don't mind taking a cruise this is an awesome show to attend.  I know a lot of local cars that will attend this in the Am then loadup in the afternoon and cruise to Gus's in East Troy (about 40 mile drive to the northwest) which is an old fashioned car hop restaurant and that place also has a large show.  It all adds up to a petty fun day of cars.  The restaurants and stores are open downtown so there is plenty to see and eat and the lakefront is outstanding if you have never been. 

I will have both our challengers there and my buddies B2 71 Super Bee.  Swing by and say hi if you attend! 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Montclaire

If this is the same Kenosha I am thinking about, attendees should check their collector car insurance to see if it covers things like Antifa riots. My full tort "bells and whistles" policy from Hagerty does not.

71383bee

All of that has long passed...and irrelevant to going to a car show really.  The riots happened mainly on 25th avenue which is 19 blocks to the west.  Besides downtown is up and thriving and has been for quite some time.  My wife works there and I have ZERO worries of her being there. 

You should come on out!  I guarantee you'll have a great riot free time! 
73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top

Montclaire

Just something to be aware of in these crazy times.

70 Top Banana

Hmm, I thought Racine was the Wisconsin Antifa chapters Headquarters and riot center? Not so?