Main Menu

Local "Anything Goes" Car Show yesterday!

Started by ViperMan, July 23, 2017, 12:23:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

So Middletown Ohio hosted the Ohio Challenge event again this weekend, which revolves around hot air balloons.  I took this awesome photo last year when I went out early Sunday AM for a motorcycle ride:

So we went to the local airport, a stone's throw from our house out here, and I kept seeing signs for "Show Car Entrance" - turns out they had a car show!!  I wish I had known - I'd have entered te Viper, which probably would have been pretty popular!  Check out what else was there, including a few Mopars and even one e-body!

ViperMan

Here's a few more pictures!

ViperMan

A few more - I was surprised a the variety of cars here in Middletown - this place isn't exactly known for culture of any kind...  :)

ViperMan

last batch!  The purple Hellcat had a car seat in the back!  I was like, "See, hon - it can be done!!!!"  :)

CudaMoparRay

Extremely varied and interesting array of automobiles, thanks

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Some intereting rides for sure ,seeing  as Sheldon already took the TA I will settle the Purple Hellcat  :banana:

Cuda Cody

Lets Rock / Paper / Scissors for the T/A.

Looks like a good show.  Thanks for sharing the photos.

ViperMan

I dunno, gents - I want the teal 5-window coupe at the top of my third post. Anyone know what it is?  I noticed the steering wheel says "Plymouth"...

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Chryco Psycho

Teal car looks like a 55 300
Further down is a 33 ish could be Plymouth with a chev drivetrain  :bricks:

ViperMan

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 23, 2017, 07:14:51 PM
Teal car looks like a 55 300
Further down is a 33 ish could be Plymouth with a chev drivetrain  :bricks:

Ash and I were discussing that last night - looks like a lot of these old antique cars get 350 small blocks in them because they're like, $10 bucks or so...  I guess if I were to build one, I'd try and drop in a 318 at least.

Chryco Psycho

I have looked at a lot of the early Dodge / Plymouth / or De Soto rods
Very few put in a 318/ 360 , I would not buy one with the the $.10 engine in it & it is not like the LA engines are scarce or hard to find  no one thinks out of the box unfortunatly , Some a least use a first gen Hemi which is cool & much harder to find !

ViperMan

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on July 24, 2017, 07:37:20 AM
I have looked at a lot of the early Dodge / Plymouth / or De Soto rods
Very few put in a 318/ 360 , I would not buy one with the the $.10 engine in it & it is not like the LA engines are scarce or hard to find  no one thinks out of the box unfortunatly , Some a least use a first gen Hemi which is cool & much harder to find !

Yeah I'd consider something like a modern 5.7 HEMI but then you gotta screw with computers and crap...

I dunno - we were brainstorming last night and suddenly I want a 1949 Plymouth Deluxe, chopped & sectioned, down to the ground - a real "lead sled" look from an unusual starting-car, small block mopar engine, simple interior, in a dark gray metallic flake with pinstriping of some sort down the sides.

Cheap cost of "entry" and can take my time modifying the body.  I stayed up all night last night thinking about it.   :idea:

Chryco Psycho

Well i would put in a New Hemi  wiring is not that bad to do