Main Menu

MATS 2017

Started by Cuda Cody, April 23, 2017, 04:00:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

So who went?  How was the event this year?  Anyone have any photos they can share? 

Cuda Cody

Art Thomas posted these on Facebook.  The guys hood flew up while drag racing.  :pullinghair:

71GranCoupe

It was said the primary and secondary hood latches both failed. I seen it drive by right after he left the course area, and it hurt just to watch it drive by.  :sorry:

Rev-It-Up

Rev-It-Up

Chryco Psycho

A lot of damage there , love the aircleaner ,that alone should trim 4 seconds off the ET

anlauto

Don't know the class he was in, but you'd think hood pins would be mandatory :alan2cents: 
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70/6chall

I guess we all know what crumple zones are for on the power bulge hoods now!

6bblgt

IIRC the hood came up at the top end of the track @ 112MPH

I usually judge b-body "stock" but since I was involved with the restoration of a  '72 GTX that went, I judged e-bodies this year.

I drove the '72 GTX owner's factory FM3 Barracuda convertible originally 318 4-speed with AM/FM & A/C ..... now HEMI powered

6bblgt

unfortunately I didn't take many pics this year - these are the e-bodies I caught on "film"

340 4-speed SHAKER & SPOILER 1971 Challenger in "plum crazy" w/black leather  :banana:

6bblgt

'70 Barracuda with a stroked 383 - all steel street car & running 11.80s

6bblgt

everybody LOVES '71 Barracuda convertibles, right?

6bblgt

a late in the year (713-SPD)  red & black 440HP automatic Challenger R/T

6bblgt

& an early in the year (905-SPD) "HEMI orange" with black cloth & vinyl interior 440 HP automatic Challenger R/T

:unbelievable: unfortunately that's All folks!  - it was Sunday afternoon between rounds of drag racing

Chryco Psycho

Thanks for the pix , wish I could have been there

1 Wild R/T

Haven't hit MATS in three years now... I have a client that visit every year who's plant is less than 1/4 mile from The Cannery for three years in a row I was able to arrange my visit for the Tuesday-Thursday prior to the show.... Last year I was there two weeks after... This year it hasn't been scheduled yet....I need to make this work next year....