Main Menu

May 11th and 12th, Moparty Picnic, Chattanooga, TN.

Started by 69BFan, March 19, 2018, 08:47:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

69BFan

This May 11th and 12th will mark the annual Moparty Picnic held in Chattanooga, TN. to benefit the Greater Chattanooga Colon Cancer Group.  The event will kick off with cars and their owners gathering at the Camp Jordan facility starting at noon on the 11th for an informal gathering.  At 3:00 PM. everyone is invited to move three miles down the road to watch some of the finest match and grudge racing featuring the likes of the Teutons battling the Hensley Hemi.  All Mopars are welcome to get into the action at the Brainerd Motorsports Park.
Then on Saturday morning, everyone will come back together at Camp Jordan for the Moparty Picnic.  This will be a gathering of cars from throughout the area.  Additionally, the indoor arena will have a special display showcasing the Road Runner.  The indoor arena will also be the gathering point for a Mopar Tech session led by Herb McCandless plus Mike Buckel and David Jones from the Ramchargers.  Check out the vendors inside the arena and enjoy the picnic lunch.
Moving outside the arena, the Camp Jordan facility will be the feature point of Mopars from all year models and body styles.  All Mopars are welcome and we appreciate all that will support the efforts.  Additionally, a swap meet for a variety of goodies will be located next to the cars.  More information can be found by checking out the website or Facebook site.  Anyone can direct questions to me here on this site or drop Ken a message from the website.  The website is www.mopartypicnic.com.  We look forward to seeing all past friends and welcome new friends to a great Friday afternoon and Saturday in Chattanooga.
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

blown motor

Sounds like a great event. You should add it to the calendar.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Looks like a lot of fun but 10 hours from me is a little too much . . . wish it was closer!   :dunno:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

pink aar

I'll be there with the pink AAR. I'm  waiting to recieve the carbs from Scott right now.. I'm going to have to push the car out of the trailer for now. It's more of a learning curve (  info )  for me. Let people see what I'm doing and for someone give  me some good tips  ( info ) . I'm sure there will be a lot of KNOW IT ALLS there.   THIS COULD BE SCARY OR I COULD BE CUTTING MY OWN THROAT HERE.

KNOW NOTHING < BUT WILLING TO LEARN

69BFan

Look forward to seeing the AAR, Mitch and Gary knows the car and have said that you have put together a nice car.  Check out the lodging page as the Holiday Inn is giving the group a very good rate.  Hope that the weather cooperates as last year, it rained out the drag races and Saturday morning brought sprinkles.   Still had over 300 cars show up for the event. 
If anyone attending the event should need any restoration parts or supplies, let me know as we will be bringing a very small amount of inventory.  I believe that Ted Stephens will be also be able to deliver sheet metal on preorders. 
www.restorationpartsandmaterials.com  Mopar weatherstripping is our specialty, but we offer a wide assortment of restoration products.

71-440

Sounds like a great event. It's about an 1.5 hours north of me. If I don't have work that weekend I will attend.
Joe

LinceCuda

I'll be there Friday  at Jordan and Friday night for the drag races and back Saturday around 1 for the Moparty look forward to seeing some members. 8)