Main Menu

Mega Mopar At Bandimere Speedway In Colorado June 6

Started by JpRngr, June 03, 2021, 09:09:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

JpRngr

cuda hunter

I'm considering going.  All depends on Saturday. 
May ride the harley but if weather or friends interfere I will just ride in the truck.

Are you going?  Bringing a car? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

ZippyZoo

I am planning on attending.  I have heard mixed reviews about it, so I'll check it out. 
Hoping the car show and swap meet are decent.

worthywads

I'm passing this year, throwing a large birthday party for a friend tomorrow, I don't anticipate getting up before 10 am Sunday and then making breakfast for those that spent the night.

85F+ and hungover no thanks, Bandimere always seems 10F hotter, lots of black top to swelter on.

Don't want to discourage anyone but the swap meet section has always been pretty minimal.

cuda hunter

I will wear one of my ebodies.org shirts.  Probably the one that says Cuda.  Because otherwise no one even knows who anyone is in the crowd. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

I am flying into Denver Sunday for an event in Evergreen.
I'll try to stop by ,take my 9 yo car crazy nephew there. He already owns a 440 since he was 4 yo.
Put the ebodies shirts In the backpack already so I don't forget them.

worthywads

Quote from: 73440 on June 05, 2021, 04:36:57 AM
I am flying into Denver Sunday for an event in Evergreen.
I'll try to stop by ,take my 9 yo car crazy nephew there. He already owns a 440 since he was 4 yo.
Put the ebodies shirts In the backpack already so I don't forget them.

You pretty much need to pass through Morrison and  Bandimere to get to Evergreen from Denver, good plan.

JpRngr

Quote from: cuda hunter on June 04, 2021, 06:03:39 AM

Are you going?  Bringing a car?

Planning on taking my Challenger.

JpRngr

Try this again. Don't know why the one is sideways.

JpRngr

Well, got Runner-Up in the Dodge E-Bodies class.  :1place:

My buddy Chip got Best Of Show with his 71 Cuda convertible with a 392 Hemi in it.

HP2

Congrats!

I used to go to this show religiously from the 90s and into the 00s. Way back when, it was held the weekend before the Mile High Nats in July, so a lot of the national caliber stock and super stock racers would show up for test and tune in prep for the big show. Also was major vendor support for it too for the same reason. the swap meet consumed the entire south-east and south and south-west side of the pit area. For whatever reason, they kept moving it earlier and earlier in the season. In the early 00s it was held in May several years, which was a major downer and car counts really took a dive. I think the last time I went was 08.  Would like to go back, but really not too excited to go if I'm not selling or driving, and I don't have any inventory left to unload for sales and the car is still under construction.

anlauto

Quote from: JpRngr on June 06, 2021, 03:14:37 PM
Well, got Runner-Up in the Dodge E-Bodies class.  :1place:

My buddy Chip got Best Of Show with his 71 Cuda convertible with a 392 Hemi in it.

Any pictures of Chip's car ? :drooling:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Wedg2Go

Missed it! "Had" every intention on attending. Opted, instead, to vacation in AZ to visit family and friends.  :dunno:

ZippyZoo

I went.  As previously described, the swap meet was very, very "minimal".  Was hoping for more.......sigh.
Car show was nicely attended with a good variety of really nice rides and some work in progress (aren't they all?)
The aforementioned '71 Cuda convertible with the GenIII hemi was cool indeed.  Looked very well done!  Sweet. 
Some good action on the track.  A LOT of new hemi Challengers and Chargers running - including Hellcats and Demons.  Quite a few running in the 11s and 10s.
@cuda hunter : having never met you, I looked for someone in an E-Bodies.org shirt without luck.  Were you able to make it?
Overall. it was nice to finely get out to a real live Mopar event! 
Planning to attend the "Mopars at the Red Barns" event near Kalamazoo, MI in July.  Unfortunately timing doesn't work out for the Nats - maybe next year..........

cuda hunter

I ended up having all kinds of issues Sunday.  late morning helping out of town family. Flat tire on the way.  I gave up as I didn't have a lot of time as I was getting out of the county. 
Stopped at a future job site and did some estimations instead out near Fairplay.

Sure would like to meet some of  you Colorado guys.  Unfortunate that I missed you @ZippyZoo
Maybe next time.   Do you do any of the cruises in Denver?