Main Menu

Mega Mopar at Bandimere Speedway-May31

Started by bennydodge, May 27, 2020, 08:17:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

bennydodge

https://bandimere.com/event/megamoparseries-2020-05-31/

Looks like the event is a full go. Great show/race every year, although the price went up this year.  :burnout:
1973 Challenger 340
2015 Challenger R/T classic B5, wife's car
2010 Dodge 3500 dually
2016 Hellcat Challenger Redline Red A8

worthywads

I'm passing this year, more reasons than COVID.

ec_co

Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

bennydodge

Ok, I have to ask, why would any Mopar enthusiast not want to go?
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

JpRngr

So, Is this a car show and separate racing or is it a car show that you can go off and do some racing at times?

Corey

worthywads

Quote from: JpRngr on May 27, 2020, 06:48:40 PM
So, Is this a car show and separate racing or is it a car show that you can go off and do some racing at times?

Corey

Yep, you can just show, and you can do time trials, and then bracket race if you want.  As much or as little racing as you want.

I'm not going since someone backed into me so I have minor damage on my quarter panel, and my brother bent my hood within 30 minutes of the first accident.  Looking at a full repaint and some frame rail repair right now.  Don't feel too pretty right now.

bennydodge

Corey
Show and race basically run together. You park your car on the upper level according to what it is(e body , b body, modern, etc.). You get called to the staging lanes when your racing class comes up-in my case street class-I think there are 5 different racing classes. You get 2 practice runs and then eliminations start and I think every class is bracket racing-Pro Mopar might be heads up. I should also add that racing is optional.
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

bennydodge

Quote from: worthywads on May 27, 2020, 07:26:47 PM

Corey

Yep, you can just show, and you can do time trials, and then bracket race if you want.  As much or as little racing as you want.

I'm not going since someone backed into me so I have minor damage on my quarter panel, and my brother bent my hood within 30 minutes of the first accident.  Looking at a full repaint and some frame rail repair right now.  Don't feel too pretty right now.

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you get it fixed properly.
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

worthywads

Quote from: bennydodge on May 27, 2020, 07:36:51 PM

Met with John May, he's in Thorton, do you know him?

http://www.johnmaycustompaint.com/index.asp

bennydodge

Quote from: worthywads on May 27, 2020, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: bennydodge on May 27, 2020, 07:36:51 PM

Met with John May, he's in Thorton, do you know him?

http://www.johnmaycustompaint.com/index.asp
I have not heard of him. Looks like he turns out some nice work. The only guy I'm familiar with around here is Marc Sharp-he runs Sharpy's on 88th and Federal. I've personally seen his work and it's very nice, high quality.
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

ec_co

for me, it's my son's b'day and we made other plans thinking this wasn't going to happen. always next time
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

JpRngr

Corey

Cool. I was thinking about going for the show, and hoping I could do at least one time down the track.

Sorry to hear about that. Hope it gets fixed up soon!

bennydodge

Quote from: ec_co on May 27, 2020, 08:27:51 PM
for me, it's my son's b'day and we made other plans thinking this wasn't going to happen. always next time

I understand, I have a 7 year old daughter. Sometimes life just gets in the way.
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually

HP2

Seeing how the last registration tag on my Challenger is '06, I don'think I've been to this meet since before that. Might have to resume again,but probably not this year. Since they moved it to May earlier in this century, going has became more of a problem for me. May is just a busy month in my family. I liked this event much better when it was held the weekend prior to the Mile High Nationals. That allowed many stock and super stock racers from across the country to come out ahead of the big event for a testing weekend. Much higher and better car counts as well as better sponsor support. Mopar is a major sponsor of Bandimere yet the track treats this meet like a second hand event they are obligated to hold.

IIRC, its like outlined above, you pay for your show admission and you can run street eliminations in addition if you wish. If your car is quicker than 14 seconds, helmets are required. They (used to) have rentals available if you were unsure.  If you have a dedicated track car and you come to race, there was an additional fee. However, you must go through tech inspection for any vehicle planning on running down the track.

There also is a smallish mopar specific swap meet. Not great but it may turn up the odd part you might need for a project.

bennydodge

Quote from: HP2 on May 28, 2020, 07:20:19 AM
Seeing how the last registration tag on my Challenger is '06, I don'think I've been to this meet since before that. Might have to resume again,but probably not this year. Since they moved it to May earlier in this century, going has became more of a problem for me. May is just a busy month in my family. I liked this event much better when it was held the weekend prior to the Mile High Nationals. That allowed many stock and super stock racers from across the country to come out ahead of the big event for a testing weekend. Much higher and better car counts as well as better sponsor support. Mopar is a major sponsor of Bandimere yet the track treats this meet like a second hand event they are obligated to hold.

IIRC, its like outlined above, you pay for your show admission and you can run street eliminations in addition if you wish. If your car is quicker than 14 seconds, helmets are required. They (used to) have rentals available if you were unsure.  If you have a dedicated track car and you come to race, there was an additional fee. However, you must go through tech inspection for any vehicle planning on running down the track.

There also is a smallish mopar specific swap meet. Not great but it may turn up the odd part you might need for a project.
Oh yeah, I've been going since the late 80's and remember when it was a 2 day event-the annual Western Mopar Meet. I liked it better as well. This is why I asked why people weren't going. I think there's some lingering bitterness as to how Bandimere has handled the event and treated the Mopar guys.
1973 Challenger 340
2010 Dodge 3500 dually