Main Menu

Mopar nationals in Ohio

Started by GoMangoBoys, June 04, 2021, 07:58:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

As you all know, we are new to Mopars.  We are planning to go to the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle.  We are also planning to go to the Mopar Nationals in August.   Does anyone know if this event is really happening this year?  Their website appears to be dead.  We are planning to take the Charger to it.  I doubt that our Challenger will be ready in time, but maybe???  This will likely be my last chance to do a car show with both of my boys as my older son will be heading to the Army in December.  I know you Mopar guys will like to hear this, but I am planning to go to this show with my boys instead of my favorite show, the Tri-Five Nationals in Bowling Green Kentucky.  It will be painful to miss that show, but since both of my boys have Mopars and one will be gone soon, we are doing the  Mopar show, if it really exists.
Thanks.

Skdmark

Looks like it is a go. Last update was May 12th.

http://www.thenats.com/
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

moparroy

Yes seems to me it is a go... was thinking I might check it out this year as well - never been to Columbus. With the border still closed does not look like I will make Carlisle again - and with Moparfest cancelled up here might be the year to check out Columbus. I would expect the border will be open by then ... though I would not bet pre-registration on that - I always register at gate for Carlisle too.
Does Columbus have gate registration as well? Web site is not clear - sounds like it costs more than Carlisle and more to register later... Is it generally a similar mode / operation as Carlisle? Though I gather it is at a strip so more racing focus. I'd be mainly interested in show and swap meet. Thanks

anlauto

The Mopar Nationals is a shitshow compared to Carlisle as far as organization is concerned. You can pay at the gate to get in, after that...you're on your own... :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

moparroy

Thanks - good to know ... based on the news today not sure that things will be open then anyway - but if so it would be nice to take in something this year (and maybe find some parts needed to finish the '74 for next year

76orangewagon

Ohio is pretty much Restriction free, even the hospital and nursing homes are allowing visitors, so I would bet that The Nationals will be going on. Contrary to what you might read on here from someone who hasn't been in years or decades...the Nationals in Columbus is a huge show with thousands of quality Mopars...is it arranged by models of cars in specific parking areas...No. which only means unless all your buddies happen to have the same type of car that you do, you can't park next to them. You still get the lazy idiots who will park their 20 year old caravan in the show area but from what I've read That happens at all shows including the Great Carlisle Mopar show.
Is there a big swap meet...YES, are there thousands of Mopars...YES, Are there parts and food vendors...Yes, Is it a blast because you can park your Duster next to your buddies Cuda and keep an eye on them...Yes. So my suggestion is Go and enjoy the Show and stop by the Hemi Denny tent across from the staging lanes (yes, there's drag racing...Bonus) and say "Hi and maybe we'll have an adult beverage and talk about awesome Mopars while your there. 

Rich G.

I was there about 10 years ago and it is a pretty good show. Definitely a plus if you like drag racing considering the track is right there with everything else. Decent swap meet and car corral. Hopefully it is at least the same if not better than I can remember. One thing I remember unlike Carlisle which turns into a ghost town after the show , there was lots of cars cruising on Brice Rd at night which was nice to sit back and watch. But like I said that was a long time ago.

moparroy

Well I'll get my second shot next Wednesday so I'll be ready - can't control what they do with opening the border...
It is kind of nice to be with same kind of cars at Carlisle - you get to know guys with the same type from all over and catch up year over year. Moparfest is parked in order of arrival so you end up with different cars which is good too - you get different stories. If I come I'll likely bring the Daytona ('85 not '69 LOL) - its not a popular model but rare, real fun to drive, great on gas and well its now more than 10 years older than the '74 Cuda was when I bought it... time flies! Funny - way harder to get parts for the Daytona now than it is for the 'Cuda.

FE5CUDA

Quote from: anlauto on June 20, 2021, 07:16:23 PM
The Mopar Nationals is a shitshow compared to Carlisle as far as organization is concerned. You can pay at the gate to get in, after that...you're on your own... :rofl:

:canada: :P :rofl: :rofl:

anlauto

I'm sure if I lived in the State and could get to the show in an hour or two, I'd think it was great too....

....but when you come in from another country, drive 8-10 hours, pay for gas, 3-4 nights in an expensive overpriced crappy hotel....then go to the show only to wait in long confusing line up, park your pride and joy on a dusty show field only to come back to your car to find a 4dr Toyota Camry parked beside you.... :pullinghair: Then by day two the out houses they use are over flowing out the door with feces and the smell is unbearable, garbage cans that are only emptied on Sunday... and the "race track" food is over priced and tastes fowl....if you survive NOT getting run over by a golf cart, you tend to quickly realize the differences of the show compared to Carlisle.  :)

After attending the Nats for about 13 years in a row, it only took one trip to Carlisle for me to realize I didn't need to go to both. :thumbdown:

It's stands to reason because it's your "hometown show" (State) that you guys think it's GREAT :banana: I feel the same way about MOPARFEST up here in Ontario...but I'm sure if you guys ever made the trip, you would be able to list the faults in it as well...

:canada: :unitedstates:

Lets just be thankful that we (normally) have so many choices when it comes to shows to enjoy the Mopars we love. :grouphug:

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

cuda hunter

@GoMangoBoys

Can you please bring me two bottles of syrup this year?   That was great last year!   Didn't last me long though so let's double up if you can 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Rich G.

Don't hold back Allen I'm guessing you don't like the place. LOL . I know it ain't no Carlisle but 1 Mopar show and swap meet a year kinda stinks. I'm a 500 mile drive to the Nats and Mopar Fest and have been to both. Crossing the border was no picnic but the show nice. You never know what you'll find unless you go.

Burdar

:deadhorse: I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN.  :headbang:  If you don't like it...don't go.

anlauto

Quote from: Rich G. on June 23, 2021, 07:12:24 AM
Don't hold back Allen I'm guessing you don't like the place. LOL . I know it ain't no Carlisle but 1 Mopar show and swap meet a year kinda stinks. I'm a 500 mile drive to the Nats and Mopar Fest and have been to both. Crossing the border was no picnic but the show nice. You never know what you'll find unless you go.

I used to enjoy the Mopars @ Englishtown show :twothumbsup: :)  went there quite a bit in the late 80's early 90's

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on June 23, 2021, 08:06:55 AM
:deadhorse: I'M NOT DOING THIS AGAIN.  :headbang:  If you don't like it...don't go.

NO KIDDING...the conversation comes up every year  :drunk: