Main Menu

Mopar nationals in Ohio

Started by GoMangoBoys, June 04, 2021, 07:58:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

76orangewagon

Loaded up and ready to head out tomorrow. I will be parked under the HDK tent next to the staging lanes stop by an say "Hi".

Guscuda

I'll be heading out to the nats this Saturday, weather is looking nice and I haven't been able to get there for 5yrs or so. Super excited, love the nats

GoMangoBoys

For all of you Mopar purists out there, I have chosen to NOT go to my favorite car show ever, the Tri-Five Nationals and will be attending the Mopar Nats instead.  We will be driving the 72 Charger that I bought for my older son since the 70 Challenger that I am building with my younger boy is not done yet.  We are heading down on Saturday for the show.

GoMangoBoys

Looking at the website for the show.  Can anyone tell me the difference between a fun field admission for $65 and a single-day car show admission for $45?
Thanks

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

GoMangoBoys

@anlauto  Back in the day, one might have said "No $hit Sherlock."  Thanks. :)  What I really wanted to know is does the different price buy something different?

dodj

"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

GoMangoBoys

@dodj  I still say it too, but is much more common a few decades ago.

GoMangoBoys

I just wanted to report back after our first trip to the Mopar Nationals.  We thought it was a great show.  It honestly was not as good as the Tri-Five nationals that I skipped for this show, but we had a lot of fun all the same.  I do think that I like the Carlisle show better also, but again, we had a very good time.  My only real complaint was that we were a bit unsure about the fun field vs the judged portion of the show.  We paid for fun field, and ended up parking somewhat outside the fun field on the road leading over toward the area where the races had their trailers.  We were right on the corner by the ice cream truck.  We had a lot of comments that we were the only 72 Charger Rallye at the show. 
I had some disparaging comments on here when I had asked about the show, but we really enjoyed it.  I think I picked up some good stuff at the swap meet.  I spent some money at the Detroit Muscle Tech tent.  We spent a lot of time inspecting things on the other 70 Challengers so that we could see who other cars were put together.  I also got to finally meet another forum member face to face, @76orangewagon    His car is a beautiful one for sure.

anlauto

Did you find your headlight buckets, or are you just going to take Ross up on his offer ? I wish I could have gone...I need a set of those too :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

captcolour

I went up for the day as well.  Hadn't been in a few years.  Less vendors on the midway and less show vehicles.  Swap meet area was about the same as I remembered.  Good day and wasn't too hot.

Burdar

QuoteMy only real complaint was that we were a bit unsure about the fun field vs the judged portion of the show.  We paid for fun field, and ended up parking somewhat outside the fun field on the road leading over toward the area where the races had their trailers.

The judged area is a fairly small section right when you enter the main gate on the left.  Every other section except for the paved racers pit area, manufactures midway, the swap meet and the car corral is the FUN FEILD.  When the pit area is full, the racers park in the fun field.  Getting to the track early lets you pick a nice spot.  Get there late and you're stuck in the grass next to the pits.

Just got back home a few hours ago.
Friday was hot...very hot.  It sprinkled in the morning for a short time and then the sun came out.  It rained hard for about 15-20 minutes at around 2:30 in the afternoon.  It actually cooled things off and felt good for a little while until the sun came back out.  Saturday was really nice weather.

1970 Hemi Challenger convertible.  1 of 9 total.  1 of 4 autos. Was originally a lime green car.  The owner had it painted purple in 79 to match his wife's Challenger.(his and hers)  He was super excited to show it off.

Burdar

The end of the day Saturday we were pretty tired and needed to sit down for a bit.  They announced the General Lee jump was about to take place so we decided to go watch it.  Boy am I glad we did.  It was INSAIN! We walked over to the main grandstand area right in front of the ramp.  They were PACKED with people.  We decided to go over to the stands at the starting line which were almost empty.  It turns out we had the best seat in the house.  I've seen some video taken from right in front of the ramp and it isn't nearly as good as the video we shot.  Turns out it was the highlight of the weekend...well, that and the air conditioned bathrooms!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXatCG5NGkc&t=9s

GoMangoBoys

Thank you @Burdar  for sharing that link.  It was a big hit in our house, especially with my wife.

MOPAR MITCH

I was there all day Saturday... good show... found good parts in the swap area!!!.. all that I was looking for!!! (some for myself, more for friends who couldn't attend).

The GL jump was cool... I can't believe they allowed photographers as close as they were to the landing.. could've been tragic.