Main Menu

Mopar Shootout Sacramento: September 7th

Started by Topcat, March 21, 2019, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

floorit426

I'll have to mark that, on my calendar. It's been a few years, since I've taken my car down the track.

7212Mopar

Facebook link not working. Is it the one in September? I went a few times, missed last year and raced once only. I thought the owner said some real estate group will buy the land and the City is shutting down the track due to noise.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

HP_Cuda

1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

e_body70

Here is the flier for this event; I plan on attending Mike.

Topcat

Quote from: floorit426 on March 22, 2019, 06:00:39 AM

I'll have to mark that, on my calendar. It's been a few years, since I've taken my car down the track.

Bill,

We need to talk on making this.

7212Mopar

Got to go if it is the last year and need to pick up some T-shirts. That will be a long journey for my 73 and taking it down the track?  :thinking:

7212Mopar

Mike. This is about two weeks out. Are you going? Who else? Will need a helmet if you car runs under 14 I think.

RzeroB

Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 22, 2019, 07:34:54 AM
I thought the owner said some real estate group will buy the land and the City is shutting down the track due to noise.

Ain't that some crap. I raced there in the '80's. That track was out in the middle of nowhere. Tracks are like airports, they build them out in the boonies, then the area around them gets developed, then the people who moved in, knowing that the track was already there in the first place, complain about the track and lobby to get it shut down. What a bunch of crap ... if you don't like the noise ... DON'T move in next to the track!!
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

floorit426

Quote from: RzeroB on August 25, 2019, 03:34:54 PM
Quote from: 7212Mopar on March 22, 2019, 07:34:54 AM
I thought the owner said some real estate group will buy the land and the City is shutting down the track due to noise.

Ain't that some crap. I raced there in the '80's. That track was out in the middle of nowhere. Tracks are like airports, they build them out in the boonies, then the area around them gets developed, then the people who moved in, knowing that the track was already there in the first place, complain about the track and lobby to get it shut down. What a bunch of crap ... if you don't like the noise ... DON'T move in next to the track!!
FOR SURE!i I couldn't of said it better, myself!

7212Mopar

Topcat

7212Mopar

What no Cudas? I love to see the HEMI roars down the quarter mile.

I am going to take my 73. It will be the longest drive since I bought it and drove back home from Tracy back in 2012. I figured 3 tanks will do it and finger crossed, no break down on the road. I wanted to take it down the track to see what it can do but my son says no to the old man.

Quote: your car is a classic, not a race car. There is no air bag and is not safe. How do you know you put it back together correct. Look what happened to Jessi."  :stop:  So I probably going to be a spectator again. I hate to get him upset and not enjoying the trip to Sac.  :(

floorit426

Hey, the track is no different than a long freeway on ramp.

Topcat

Quote from: 7212Mopar on September 05, 2019, 11:16:33 PM
What no Cudas? I love to see the HEMI roars down the quarter mile.

I am going to take my 73. It will be the longest drive since I bought it and drove back home from Tracy back in 2012. I figured 3 tanks will do it and finger crossed, no break down on the road. I wanted to take it down the track to see what it can do but my son says no to the old man.

Quote: your car is a classic, not a race car. There is no air bag and is not safe. How do you know you put it back together correct. Look what happened to Jessi."  :stop:  So I probably going to be a spectator again. I hate to get him upset and not enjoying the trip to Sac.  :(

Warren,

Bill and I are totally into cruising our cars. Don't get us wrong.
We discussed it last week-end in person.

We don't like sitting in hot weather traffic heading back is why we decided on not bringing them.
Along with some time issues.

We have some great cruising territory out here.
I would like to bring you out our way to see it.

We would love for you to join us.
Along with some others here in the Bay area.

I have a perfect cruise layout already in my head just waiting to share.
To be continued...

We can talk out there. I will have my  E Bodies.org T shirt on.  :slapme5: