Main Menu

MOPARFEST - Canceled

Started by Cudajason, April 13, 2020, 01:38:19 PM

Previous topic Next topic

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 15, 2020, 08:07:58 AM
In Canaduh they're actually letting convicts out of jail including murderers (not sure why a murderer catching the virus would be a problem), but do have legislation so they can fine people that are out of their houses. It's quite telling actually.
Started that south of the border a couple weeks ago.....

Not sure why we thought it was such a good idea we followed suit.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

RUNCHARGER

I think one thing they are doing right is getting tougher on people flying in from Burnt Dog, China and then immediately driviing around everywhere spreading their germs. They are going to ensure those people go home and stay there for a couple weeks and I am in favour of that.
Sheldon

RJChallenger

If the judges and politicians are willing to open there homes to the killers and violent offenders, I won't dis-agree with there decision. Just sayin good luck

mccannix

I haven't seen where they've actually let any federal inmates out here...maybe provincial ( 2 years less a day ).
I almost barf when I hear the tree huggers talk about cutting loose these poor misguided individuals who just took a wrong turn in life, simply because they MAY contract the virus.
Having worked in a federal joint for over 30 years, I dont know where there is a problem.
Management has the best possible scenario for cons to self isolate.... leave them locked in their 6 x 8 cell.

anlauto

MOPAR SPRING FLING in Mississauga has been cancelled as well  :alan2cents: :'(
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

mccannix

That would have been a given considering Moparfest is toast.
What are you going to do with your $1.00 a part tarp this year Alan.
You'll have to have a Mopar yard sale in Georgetown

RUNCHARGER

They actually let out a convicted murderer here, he then got into an altercation with some Police in West Vancouver a day or two ago and got arrested. I'd go squirrely if I was in the Police force. I just don't know how they hold it together with the Injustice system in this country.
They're making sure they keep the elderly locked up though. Pretty sure they don't want to keep paying them their CPP and OAS.
Sheldon

anlauto

Quote from: mccannix on April 15, 2020, 01:30:40 PM
That would have been a given considering Moparfest is toast.
What are you going to do with your $1.00 a part tarp this year Alan.
You'll have to have a Mopar yard sale in Georgetown

You laugh, but this is actually going to be an issue for me.....I have a container of parts that belongs to a customer of mine....our deal was that I would try and sell them on KiJiJi for him up until Spring Fling....Then I would drag everything to Spring Fling and what doesn't sell there...I bring back and drop off at his house....now I fear I'll be stuck with everything for ever... :'( :'( :'( Although stuff is still selling on KiJiJi :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

blown motor

Shouldn't the cancellation of Spring Fling be his problem and not yours? After that date take what you have to his place and let him deal with it. You've done your part.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

benlavigne

All gatherings such as music festivals, Just For Laughs, Arena shows, sports events, including F1 and ... car shows and cruise nights are outlawed in Quebec until at least the end of August... so basically the whole season is toast...

Ben

RUNCHARGER

I just read Trump wants to open the Canada/USA border. I say no thanks, not just yet.
Sheldon

mccannix

Trudeau said today at his daily 11 AM press briefing that he would not talk about opening the border for at least another 30 days.
I agree,  and I doubt he'll get Trumped on that one.

RJChallenger

I hope he does open the border, then maybe amazon will ship the parts I need. Right now there site sez due to corona virus we are not shipping to your area.But seriously I hope everyone stays safe

dodj

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on April 15, 2020, 04:28:01 PM
I just read Trump wants to open the Canada/USA border. I say no thanks, not just yet.
:iagree:
Keep it closed for now.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill