Main Menu

MOPARs At The Red Barns (Hickory Corners, MI) July 24

Started by PLY474, June 09, 2021, 01:14:04 PM

Previous topic Next topic

ZippyZoo

Great show and swap meet. Plus the museum is spectacular - second to none!  Went every year when we lived in Kalamazoo! Extending this summer's Michigan vacation trip so I can attend the show!

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

PLY474

I've never gone, as something always seems to come up.  I first heard about it from the My Classic Car show, video below.  I'm hoping to make it this year, but but I'm getting some arm twisting to go to a local show on the same day.  I'd really like to experience it. 

70 Top Banana

I agree ZippyZoo, as good a museum as anywhere and it gets better just about every year. Not to mention the setting is beautiful. Been there many times. If you have not been you need to go!

PLY474

I made it to the Mopars At The Red Barns show today.  It was amazing.  Sensory overload.  The Mopar show itself was excellent including the swap meet.  A good selection of cars, good people, good weather.  The museum is what caught me off guard.  I didn't realize how many buildings there were and how many cars they had.  I live near the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum and that's a big collection, but this may be bigger.  Lot's of history there.  A recommended show.  You get a lot for $16.

PLY474

My favorite for the day was this 383 4-Speed Gran Coupe.

PLY474

I'm not big into resto mods, but I appreciated the work that went into this one.  Owner was nice guy too.  Original 74 car. 

PLY474

The museum has a 1963 Chrysler Turbine Car.  While I was studying the car, Herb McCandless of Sox & Martin introduced himself.  Super nice guy.  We chatted for a while.  He let me take a fan photo.  Apparently he has a new career film that I need to catch up on.  https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/new-four-part-series-on-%E2%80%9Cmr-4-speed%E2%80%9D-herb-mccandless-is-worth-a-binge/ar-AALYEC8 

I'll post more Turbine photos in that other thread about it.