Main Menu

Mopars in May Riverside, CA

Started by CudaMoparRay, May 21, 2018, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic Next topic

CudaMoparRay

For reference: https://forum.e-bodies.org/cuda-and-challenger-general-discussion-roseville-moparts/2/mopars-in-may-so-cal/6439/msg90436#msg90436

Ended up driving 200 miles round trip with some trepidation regarding the old barracuda making it there and back but it performed outstandingly well. Ran 180 all the way down the freeway. The only problem was too many people giving thumbs up and some new mopars trying to race me.   :D

Was very happy with the show and very friendly people.
Speaking of friendly and funny, met up with Al (70/6chall) , the reason I even ventured to go in the first place.  :haha:
He introduced me around and made it a real joy and great experience.Thanks Al!

1 Wild R/T

Al's a good guy.... Even if he has always been two cylinders short of a V8... :pokeeye: :rofl: :cheers:

CudaMoparRay

More pictures and we also asked a few new members to join us here in the forum.
I was as always displaying the ebodies.org emblem on my shirt as well as stickers all over my car.

CudaMoparRay

More pictures of a very nice outing for me.
As Al said it is a smaller version of the Spring and Fall Flings but I found it just as exciting and even more energetic in some sense.

CudaMoparRay

Last bunch of pictures with the video car being really loud and unfortunately I missed filming the 15 foot flames that came out of it when floored. But you get the idea!

[video]https://forum.e-bodies.org/gallerypics/videos/283_21_05_18_1_14_20.MOV[/video]

autoxcuda

I had my 15' Challenger R/T in the show to support.

I saw your car there Ray, but missed you.

Had a great time. The layout is very nice.

There a 440-6 Challenger conv there too. FC7 now, color change.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

70/6chall

Well!......Slant6 Chall Al, here.  Mopars in May is truly a well engineered show/swap for a small (150 car) and intimate gathering. What it lacks in size gains in energy and enthusiasm, especially when it concerns a one marque of car (Mopar only) gathering. Meeting up with CudaRay there was a real treat, he's a great guy and it was a pleasure to introduce him around to my Mopar friends here in the area. It's different talking with the forum members on line here and actually conversing and interfacing with those same individuals in the flesh. I liked looking at Ray's '71 Cuda also, a fine looking car (gotta love those E-bodies). You can tell he really loves that Cuda, by the way he talks to people about it. A good time was had by all, enjoy Rays pics they'll put you in the middle of the revelry. Hey Randy(1WildR/T) that, 2 cyl's shy of a V8, is great! I guess I've never thought of myself described as such, but I like it. I myself have always thought more on the line of, 2 quarts low.LOL
But, my old Dodge is 2 cylinders shy of its 8 cylinder brethren.  Thanks again,   Al

1 Wild R/T

Glad ya appreciate my twisted sense of humor... Some folks don't & I've been known to offend....   Just poking fun... :cheers:

bluespruce

Than you for the pictures of the show, looks like it was a fun time. What color is your cuda paint? I like the color

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: bluespruce on May 21, 2018, 02:46:30 PM
Than you for the pictures of the show, looks like it was a fun time. What color is your cuda paint? I like the color

My pleasure and yes had a good time.
I believe the color is "Burnt Orange" although it looks redish or maroon to some.

bluespruce

Thought maybe it was burnt orange, it looks maroon in pictures.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for the photos. There were a few nice cars there.
Sheldon

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on May 21, 2018, 06:44:50 PM
Thanks for the photos. There were a few nice cars there.

There were many more cars there just got caught up in talking and making new friends instead of taking more pictures. :grouphug: :takepicture:

RUNCHARGER

Man, how many times does that happen? You can hardly wait to see all the cars and pretty soon the show is over and you realize you haven't gotten past the first row!
Sheldon

Spikedog08

Looks like a whole lot of fun!   :clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!