Main Menu

MOPARTY

Started by Cratos, September 21, 2021, 04:08:10 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cratos

Did any one se any judging going on at the Moparty?? we had club members around our area the whole time and never saw any judging teams walking a round only two guys putting stickers on head lights. I asked them if they were judging and saw told ON we just put the stickers on ??????? wth!

:thumbdown:

JH27N0B

My friends I was with went over to the awards ceremony and were surprised there were only like a half dozen awards.
They didn't even have the trophies or plaques or whatever they were giving out, as they had got delayed in shipping!
Definitely not a show for trophy collectors.
A guy we know from Milwaukee got best stock with his green A12 Superbee.

MOPAR MITCH

I attended the Sunday afternoon Grand Champion Awards presentation ... Autocross, Drag, Dyno challenge, 3-S (speed-steer-stop).  The trophies were not available, and they apologized... will be mailed to each winner.

Actually, the Grand Champion Winners did receive their special awards... a huge belt, like from WWW Wrestling.

JH27N0B

The car show itself could use some improvement.  I'd like to see a little organization in the display fields.  Some classes together not everything parked everywhere. Newer vehicles together, than maybe vintage cars together, vintage trucks together and custom cars parked together would be a start.
More judged categories and more trophies, a half dozen awards is sort of a joke.  Trophies are a big thing to some people so having awards helps attract top shelf caliber cars to a show.
Another thing Holley could do to help would be to work with area hotels for show rates.  I know MCACN has worked out specials with the area hotels for green November show and I think they advertise $125 or $135 a night room deals.  This is by Chicago right next to O Hare airport.
A friend of us in some sort of hotel preferred customer program booked our rooms but still it was $159 a night for a room with a king size bed and fold out couch.  The clerk told us without our friend's special rate, our room would have been $159 Thursday but $259 a night Friday and Saturday.  Twice as much in Bowling Green as Chicago?  You'd think Holley would have enough corporate power to help get show participants a break on hotels!