Main Menu

Musclecar and Corvette Nationals 11-23 & 24 Rosemont IL

Started by JH27N0B, December 22, 2018, 07:34:22 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

JH27N0B

Never too early to plan ahead!
11th annual Musclecar and Corvette Nationals at the Donald E Stephans convention center in Rosemont IL.

DocDave

Here are some pics of just a a few from the MCACN this year.
DocDave - Retired so I can play

JH27N0B

Just over a month to go until the show!  I just received my MCACN show magazine in the mail, so if you are on the mailing list you should have received yours, or will soon.
Should be great with an A12 display, 1969 model year invitational, a Chrysler turbine car and also a turbine engine/trans, and lots more!

Spikedog08

I went last year and had a good time . . the 4 hour drive there and then back wasn't that much fun.  Unless there is something amazing like all the Hemicuda convertibles again, I will probably not make the trip. 

Certainly will look at the pictures though . . .  :bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JH27N0B

For those who can't make the trip every year, certainly 2020 would be one to really try to make.  50th anniversary of 1970, and a T/A AAR invitational are already being planned.
But this year certainly won't be a disappointment by any means, forgot to mention some other highlights like the real Bullitt Mustang and the K&K insurance #71 Daytona as part of the Aero warriors display.
I always take lots of pics during set up and show, this year won't be different. Ryan Brutt,  Auto Archealogist here does also. I've got to get my convertible out today and burn up some gas, fire codes restrict cars to 1/4 tank or less.  Last month was very disappointing here, after a great Labor day weekend, weather canceled most all the months shows and remaining cruises and I haven't drove the car in over a month.  Gotta get that gas burned up, wouldn't want it to get denied entry because of too much gas, and miss it's 50th birthday celebration Sunday of the show.
The employee meeting is in a couple weeks and I'll report back with more highlights of what will be there after that.

anlauto

Yea I can imagine what 2020 will be like being an E Body fan....but I don't think they could ever put anything together like the E Body hemi convertible display of 2015...that was my one and only time there thanks to my good customer/friend @Desmond who bought my hotel/flights  :worship:  There's no way I could ever afford anything like that. :crying:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on October 19, 2019, 08:47:02 AM
Yea I can imagine what 2020 will be like being an E Body fan....but I don't think they could ever put anything together like the E Body hemi convertible display of 2015...that was my one and only time there thanks to my good customer/friend @Desmond who bought my hotel/flights  :worship:  There's no way I could ever afford anything like that. :crying:

Alan,
If you can find a cheap flight, I'd be happy to share my room with you!
I use Air Miles for my flight every year,

Ben

benlavigne

Quote from: JH27N0B on October 19, 2019, 08:37:58 AM
For those who can't make the trip every year, certainly 2020 would be one to really try to make.  50th anniversary of 1970, and a T/A AAR invitational are already being planned.
But this year certainly won't be a disappointment by any means, forgot to mention some other highlights like the real Bullitt Mustang and the K&K insurance #71 Daytona as part of the Aero warriors display.
I always take lots of pics during set up and show, this year won't be different. Ryan Brutt,  Auto Archealogist here does also. I've got to get my convertible out today and burn up some gas, fire codes restrict cars to 1/4 tank or less.  Last month was very disappointing here, after a great Labor day weekend, weather canceled most all the months shows and remaining cruises and I haven't drove the car in over a month.  Gotta get that gas burned up, wouldn't want it to get denied entry because of too much gas, and miss it's 50th birthday celebration Sunday of the show.
The employee meeting is in a couple weeks and I'll report back with more highlights of what will be there after that.

Ill be there in 2020 with my car, received an invitation from Bob Ashton at Carlisle! There will be a special display of Challengers, and I'll be part of it, it will be a long wait!

Ben

7E-Bodies

I'm planning on going. It'd be really great to meet up with other members and maybe do a group photo. Anyone?
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

Rich G.

I'll be going. I was invited to take my challenger but decided just to check it out this year.

7E-Bodies

Wondering what members could do to recognize each other.

benlavigne

7E-Bodies

I'll do the same, but it may not be exactly t shirt weather in late November in Chicago.

jordan

Im planning on going on Saturday.  I will be wearing my blue Mopar cap with E-Bodies.org and Rosevillemoparts on the side.  Usually the weather sucks that weekend, so Im hoping the roads will be good.  It is such an incredible show, with just sooooo much to look at.  Cant wait!!
"Don't brake until you see God!"