Main Menu

Portland Swap Meet April 6th - 9th

Started by Cuda Cody, March 24, 2017, 06:40:12 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

Cuda Cody

The HUGE Portland Auto Swap Meet.  April 6th through the 9th.  This is really two large events at one time.  The Portland International Raceway Swap Meet starts to set up on April 5th and opens April 6th and goes through the 8th.

http://portlandraceway.com/?/events/major_events

At the same time the Convention Center Swap Meet is going on too.  It sets up April 6th and opens April 7th and goes through the 9th.

http://www.portlandswapmeet.com/

They sell out each year and it's hard to explain just how big this is.  The track is over 2 miles long and has swap meet booths on each side.  The Convention Center has another 3,500 booths and takes up 4 buildings and all the outside parking.  There's always some Mopar and E-Body stuff, but there's a lot of the other brands too.  I'll be posting daily from there and hope to see some of you down there.

Cuda Cody

Getting loaded and ready to head down to the swap meet!  Going to set up a little table to promote the E-Bodies.org site.

As I walk around I'll post photos of the event.   :takepicture: 

303 Mopar

Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 04, 2017, 10:05:13 AM
Getting loaded and ready to head down to the swap meet!  Going to set up a little table to promote the E-Bodies.org site.

:perfect10:  That banner looks cool!!  How many cars and people usually attend?  Can't wait to see pics!

Cuda Cody

I would guess around 5,000 booths and maybe around 50,000 people?  It really starts on Wed as all the vendors get set up and opens to the public on Thursday.  The last day is Sunday.

It takes about a 3 miles walk to see all the vendors at the Race track and probably a longer walk at the Expo Center because they have them set up in isles.  The track has booths all the way around the outside of the track and inside.  The booths sell out fast.  We buy our 1 year in advance.  I'll be at the end of the straightaway along the outside of the track.   :ohyeah:

Quote from: 303 Mopar on April 04, 2017, 01:29:13 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on April 04, 2017, 10:05:13 AM

:perfect10:  That banner looks cool!!  How many cars and people usually attend?  Can't wait to see pics!

Rev-It-Up

Wow! That's huge! I guess if you see something you might want, you better get it cause you'll never find the same place again or will have to walk a mile to get it.
Rev-It-Up

Cuda Cody

Setting up.  Some mopar dealers are already here. :banana:

Cuda Cody

It's going to be awesome.

Cuda Cody

Going to share s lot of photos...

Cuda Cody

Lots of mopar stuff this year.  And today of only dealer set up.  Only about 20% are here so far too

Cuda Cody

:wowzers:

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

:needphotos:

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

:stayinlane:

Cuda Cody

Lots of cool things here at the swap meet