Main Menu

SEMA 2019

Started by 7212Mopar, August 19, 2019, 12:55:16 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

I can't say if this year is a weak SEMA year or not as it is my first time. For me, this is a huge show and I got a blast for two days. It was a gathering from many manufacturers and companies, many well known but I also see a lot of small companies unheard of vendors from Asia, Europe and Australia. We all know many cast aluminum wheels including OEM stuffs are made in China but these guys also make tires. I bet they will have a hard time penetrating the market as who wants to be the first to try.

I think the halo car this year has to be the new Toyota Supra and everyone is bringing their modified version of it. I must had counted at least 30s and I stopped counting after that. The next must be the new Mustang GT500.

Ok guys. The pictures will come in batches as I resize them. First batch is from the Dynacorn booth. I am wondering if they are a Taiwanese company as there was an old Asian gentlemen manning the booth. I must had spent at least 15 minutes looking over the Challenger shell and my head keeps telling me that it does not quite feel the same as how Mopar made it. I am not an expert and I confess I never seen an E body Challenger in bare metal skin from the bottom. The shell will need a lot of work to align the gaps and panel fitment. Take a look at the doors and trunk lid. The tail panel by the passenger side seems like it is off by about 1/2".
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

7212Mopar

More pictures

7212Mopar

From the Mopar Booth. Christine's interior was not finished, no door panels.

nsmall

Thanks for sharing some pictures.  Glad you got to go bro.

anlauto

I thought Dynacorn scrapped the idea of making a Challenger shell due to lack of interest ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 10, 2019, 06:17:55 AM
I thought Dynacorn scrapped the idea of making a Challenger shell due to lack of interest ? :dunno:
Does not look like to be the case. They have a lot of Challenger fliers at the booth. I could have asked if I knew.

YellowThumper

That was my belief as well.
Possibly trying to drum up renued interest again because they already have the tooling.
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

Chryco Psycho

Would have been very cool to be there !!
Anything on the 50th year for Chall ?