Main Menu

The Challenger did well this weekend

Started by GoMangoBoys, July 14, 2024, 07:46:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

GoMangoBoys

So I had no issues driving the Challenger from Akron Ohio to Carlisle and back.  About 600 miles round trip.  I was extremely happy to finally be there with the car.  My son was not able to make it as he is hiking the Appalachian Trail.  The trail goes right past Carlisle and he will be hiking thru there in a week, so he missed the timing by 1 week to be there.  I was shocked when I got back to my car on Saturday to discover that I had won the Celebrity Choice Award.  Thank you to David from the forum for selecting me for this award.  Unfortunately, I was not able to stay for the awards on Sunday or for the Saturday night pizza party.  I had to get home for my hometown car show.  I got home at 11pm Saturday night and was up today at 6AM to wash the bugs off the car and get it to the car show.  It was a great day and I walked away with a trophy from that one. At Carlisle, I also picked a cool neon sign for the barn and got a poster signed by Claudia for my son as well as a photo op for me.  I also want to thank everyone on the forum for all the help that I have gotten on here.  I could not have finished the car without all of you.  AND.  I have made some awesome friends in the process.

purple1

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on July 14, 2024, 07:46:17 PMI was shocked when I got back to my car on Saturday to discover that I had won the Celebrity Choice Award.  Thank you to David from the forum for selecting me for this award.

You have an awesome car, but you can thank @cuda hunter for the club award. My wife said I was not allowed to pick a purple car. So I went with Josh (cuda hunter) on this one.

Dave

Worlds first e-body trailer. Severna Park, Maryland

cuda hunter

It was not easy to pick which car deserves the award from our members.  Each member has an awesome car and each having it's own merits for winning a celebrity pick award.
  Brad's car was picked as he performed his restoration of the car on the site and included all of us throughout his journey. 
That inclusion embodies the essence of this website and is the entire reason most of us are here.  Thanks @Cuda Cody for the site and thanks @GoMangoBoys for taking us along your journey with you and your son. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

GoMangoBoys

I finally received my award from the Chrysler Carlisle Show.  I was not able to stay for the awards in Sunday of the show.  I was told that the award would be mailed to me.  Apparently, you can pick it up in person at a later event, or you can pay them to mail it to you.  Either way, you have to request it.  So, I did that and received it a few days ago.  I know it is a small award, but it meant a lot to me to be awarded this by members of this forum.

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee