Main Menu

Western Ontario Mopar Owners Mopar Day

Started by 700 AKN, September 19, 2020, 11:17:02 PM

Previous topic Next topic

700 AKN

Even tho it's September 19th, 2020 I went to my 1st car show of the season.
The timing was impeccable because as of Sunday, September 20th all gatherings in Ontario were scaled back to 25 people for outdoor events and 10 for indoor.  They had a good turnout Saturday considering the cool weather and Covid guidelines.
Met a few fellows that I've talked to over the years at shows ( Barry, Rick, Doug, Gary ) and finally got to see Doug ( Sydwaz ) AAR Cuda that was restored by Alan.  I can say with all honesty that the car looks perfect and the owner is extremely happy with his pride & joy.

Dave Wheeler set up a small tribute area on the grounds for the 50th AAR/TA Trans Am cars.  Most are from the area in Southern Ontario ( Dutton, Delhi, London, St. Thomas ) and a few other places.

I better shut up now and post a few pictures.  Mostly e-bodies as you can guess. Enjoy!

700 AKN

And a few more....

700 AKN

And More Mopar!!!

700 AKN

Dude, not more?

700 AKN

The End!

Dakota

Quite the rare sight for 2020.   Thanks for posting all the pictures.  It looks like you had a great day to go with the great cars.  Hopefully the border will be open again before the end of the next decade so I could see these in person.

Brads70

Looks like a fun time! Thanks for posting up all the pictures!

RUNCHARGER

Great cars! Even across the country, I know a few of the owners!
Sheldon

blown motor

I wish I had of known about this, I would have went. @700 AKN if you remember next year let me know about it please.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

anlauto

Quote from: blown motor on September 20, 2020, 01:09:47 PM
I wish I had of known about this, I would have went. @700 AKN if you remember next year let me know about it please.

I can't believe you didn't know about it....I was going to post it on here, but figured everybody would have known about it... :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

YYZ

Hmmm...an @anlauto vehicle at the WOMO meet that doesn't have Polyglas on it.  A rare sighting indeed! ;)

anlauto

Quote from: YYZ on September 20, 2020, 06:00:47 PM
Hmmm...an @anlauto vehicle at the WOMO meet that doesn't have Polyglas on it.  A rare sighting indeed! ;)

Thanks for posting that picture. It was taken 29 years ago in the Summer of 1991. I can tell because that Winter I added the rear rubber bumper and correct yellow grill. It would be three years later that I discovered the reproduction PolyGlas tires which first appeared on my 71 Duster Twister....and every car after...

I did like the look of those Goodyear Eagle ST's though...nicer then everybody's BFG's :bigthumb:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

I'm glad Doug is out enjoying his AAR, I'm glad you got a chance to check it out.....and I really wish I would have made the effort to attend the show :headbang: I heard from a friend that went that it was a good turn out. He also told me about some very untrue rumors floating around the show about me that are good for a laugh :haha:

700 AKN

Yes Alan you should try to visit the show more often.  I'm sure you would bump into many past & present friends.
Maybe next year if all goes well.  Maybe??

QuoteI wish I had of known about this, I would have went. @700 AKN if you remember next year let me know about it please.

Sorry Murray.  Like Alan said I just assumed anyone in this area would have known about it, but it's up & down when shows are cancelled and then re-scheduled due to this covid crap.  Dave called me Thursday and mentioned about the show still on and the small group of AAR/TA cars coming so that peaked my interest.  Then Saturday morning I heard about the crawl back on outdoor events so again I was not 100% sure if the show was still a full go.  This year has been a complete bust for most events and I never even though about you or Jason who also mentioned that he would like to participate some year.  This show was cancelled back in June and then re-scheduled for September.  I'm just glad that it got in under the wire to have a show of any type.  I expect 2021 will hopefully be bigger & better so you should should come when it's 100% good to go.  I'd hate to see anyone make a long trip and then get there and find out the show was cancelled.  I just found out the fall cruise for Sept. 26th was cancelled.  Will this madness never end?

YYZ

Quote from: anlauto on September 20, 2020, 07:25:58 PM
Quote from: YYZ on September 20, 2020, 06:00:47 PM

Thanks for posting that picture. It was taken 29 years ago in the Summer of 1991. I can tell because that Winter I added the rear rubber bumper and correct yellow grill. It would be three years later that I discovered the reproduction PolyGlas tires which first appeared on my 71 Duster Twister....and every car after...

I did like the look of those Goodyear Eagle ST's though...nicer then everybody's BFG's :bigthumb:

You're welcome -- I wasn't sure if it was '91 or '92, but man, time flies.  I don't have the rest of the album at home, however, the red '70 Barracuda ragtop is an original F4 green on green 318 auto from Tillsonburg.  Coincidentally I came across the original bucket seat hinge covers from that car while tidying up this weekend. 

If memory serves me correctly, the next car over, not pictured, is the plum crazy/white/white 383 R/T convertible shown earlier in this thread.  He's had that car for well over 30 years.