Main Menu

2017 Mopar Muscle

Started by 7212Mopar, September 11, 2017, 11:43:50 PM

Previous topic Next topic

7212Mopar

I took my son to the 2017 Mopar Muscle event at Sacramento Raceway this past Sunday, his first ever. It was a beautiful day, hot but not too hot with a little breeze. They also have the airshow going on at the nearby Mather AFB. Seems to be less older cars this year and more newer cars with a few Hellcats. Many cars running in the 9s and 10s.

I picked up some event T shirts and overheard the operator saying that the deadline to close the track will be 2020. County is citing the original operating permit was non conforming because the permit paperwork did not say drag racing race track. Well, at least there will be two more years to go. Just need to get my car done soon, work out the bugs and be ready to take it to the track next year.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

Cuda Cody

Thanks for sharing some photos!   :burnout:  Hate to hear they are shutting another track down.  Just nuts.

RUNCHARGER

Thanks for the photos. Condos are more profitable than race tracks, too bad.
Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

Thanks for the pix , love the wheels up Cuda in the far lane !!
I hate to see more tracks closing down , maybe they can work something out in the 2 years left .
Calgarys track was shut down around 80 due to new highway , moved to Edmonton track closed the next year around 82 housing development complained even though the track was there for years , moved  to Ont for a while they have Cayuga & ST Thomas still operating but it was too expensive to live there , moved back to Calgary & their new track was just closed down 2 years ago , new highway again . At least Panama has a new track & there will not be noise complains as Panamanians can be noisy even without cars !!

7212Mopar

Yeah, wished I captured the front of the car. Lousy reaction time but I was not looking at the tree. That was a fast Cuda.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket