Main Menu

Another Interesting Auction Coming Up...

Started by anlauto, July 02, 2017, 07:38:48 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

This one is in a smaller scale....literally..... ;)

Just got my August issue of Scale Auto in the mail and as I was reading it this morning I came across this ad for an auction in IN.
Why I thought I would post it here is because how they highlighted the word MOPAR and there's some great old pictures in the ad.....Sounds like another collector has moved upward leaving his prize collection behind :andyangel:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

It seems to me that cool rare stuff like those models would be perfect to sell on eBay, right?  They can be shipped fairly easy.  Why would they need an auction place to help them sell?

RUNCHARGER

You would think Ebay would be the place all right. Sure some cool kits in those photos though.
Sheldon

anlauto

Probably an Estate looking to get rid of everything at once. Then the new buyers can EBay it :bigmoney:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

6bblgt

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 02, 2017, 07:44:48 AM
It seems to me that cool rare stuff like those models would be perfect to sell on eBay, right?  They can be shipped fairly easy.  Why would they need an auction place to help them sell?

the logistics of selling 1,000s of promo/models and 1,000s of car parts thru eBay would be labor intensive & have expensive fees involved