Main Menu

"another taste of" Mo-Power Madness show, St Charles IL 9-10-17-postponed

Started by JH27N0B, August 22, 2017, 06:07:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

JH27N0B

The Chicagoland Mopar Connection is trying out a new Mo-Power Madness show September 10 at Baltria United States Classic Auto Gallery in St Charles IL.  Baltria is across the street from Pheasant Run resort and the DuPage airport (where you'll find me often!)
Most Chicago area Mopar fans are familiar with the Mo-Power Madness show in Bartlett in May.  This is a new "part 2"  show CMC is trying out to see if a September show would be popular.
Registration is 9:30-11:30 and costs only $10.  A judged class is available for $20 with trophies awarded at 2:00.
For this inaugural show, the club is trying to make this more of a fun casual event and less of a sit out in a hot parking lot for 6 hours listening to oldies, and maybe get a $5 trophy type event.
Hoping it works out and this becomes an annual show! :fingerscrossed:

Cuda Cody

JonH

JH27N0B

No swap meet. 
Will have food, maybe a raffle and a live band.
And at a classic auto broker, so can check out the cars there too.

JH27N0B

Just got word this show got postponed with no new date set.  :(
I guess they just couldn't get everything together in time.
For northeast IL folks looking for something to do this weekend, there's always the Morris cruise night Saturday.  Always a great time where they block off downtown Morris for the event.  700-800 cars, very well organized, lots of food etc, the best cruise in the area!
Needs more Mopars though!!
I'll have the "blue bomber" there, my '09 Classic R/T with the gunslinger pistol grip 6 speed. (my vert isn't yet up for the 65 mile trip there from my house....)  Stop by and say hi if you go!

JH27N0B

Just a bump trying to get the word out that this show ain't happening.  :Thud:
Morris was huge, as usual Mopars were a bit lean.  Still there were a half dozen vintage challengers and a cuda or 2.
I bet well over 800 cars showed up.  I've been sorting my pix for the last few hours, guess I won't get a Flickr album together until later if I want to get some sleep tonight.