Main Menu

BEN SNOBAR 2 day Estate AUCTION

Started by Cuda Cody, March 26, 2017, 10:38:45 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

Cuda Cody

This will be a big Mopar Auction.

http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940

From Tom Hergert:  As many of you know I've taken over at Northwest Performance and shakerhood.com as General Manager. After the tragic passing of Ben Snobar the family hired me to keep the business going. Well after much thought the family has decided to do a giant auction to sell off his lifetime collection of cars and parts. Now first off - this is NOT the reproduction parts business. Northwest Performance is open for business and NOT part of the sale.
The family has hired James G Murphy to run the auction the the dates are August 1st-2nd, 2017 . The preview day is July 31st. Mark your calender's this is going to be huge! Here is a teaser car list:
http://murphyauction.com/Auction/Details/4940
As many of you know Ben has been collecting since the 1980's and kept the best of the best. 1970 Dodge Charger Hemi car, 5 Dodge Vipers, 340 Duster, Hemi engines, an entire shelf of HP and 340 exhaust manifolds, it goes on and on. Going to be sorting through the parts over the next few months and will update this post with teasers and pictures. Excited for this one! LOTS AND LOTS of E-Body parts.

turbostang7

I may have to take some vacation at that time!

fc7cuda

Quote from: turbostang7 on March 27, 2017, 03:11:16 AM
I may have to take some vacation at that time!

:iagree:

It's nice that Tom gave us plenty of advanced notice.  :thankyou:

anlauto

What a strange array of cars in that collection.... :clapping:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

10AM - TUES & WED - AUGUST 1 & 2

Hmmmm, Tuesday/Wednesday?  Sure would have preferred Friday/Saturday.  :alan2cents:

Spikedog08

Would be a cool auction to attend . . . just a long way from Michigan . . .  :notsure:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda Cody

I planned to be there and will post photos from the event.  @70mopes  are you planning on going?

@rocketresto  might be able to post a few sneak peek photos for us too.    :fingerscrossed:

70mopes

Looks like I'll be taking some time off work for this!  Man, he must have had a pretty big property and a lot of covered space to stash that many vehicles!   Curious about the rest of the parts stash.   I am guessing the bulk of ebody stuff exists in that form.

Cuda Cody

Lets get @73Cudamann  to go too.  I think @wanderlustin  and I will be there. 

I might have time to help Tom get things set up in June or July.  If it's okay with him, I'll post some photos of things before the auction and on the day or the auction.  Lets help get the word out  :checkmail:  and get as much money as we can for Ben's family.    :grouphug:

Quote from: 70mopes on March 27, 2017, 09:01:51 AM
Looks like I'll be taking some time off work for this!  Man, he must have had a pretty big property and a lot of covered space to stash that many vehicles!   Curious about the rest of the parts stash.   I am guessing the bulk of ebody stuff exists in that form.

Cuda Cody

cudaragtop

- Randy D. 1970 'Cuda 340 4-Speed Convertible
69 Barracuda G3 Hemi/8HP70 Resto-Mod Project Album: https://goo.gl/photos/XjsAsx4LDo7psimU8

Cudajason

maybe I will hit the lottery by then and I can come out and spend some money!   :yes:  :no: :crazytalk:

Jason
1974 Cuda. 360 / A500 OD.  Yes its pink, no its not my wife's car!  Yes I drive it.

rocketresto

If anyone has any specific questions on stuff please feel free to ask.  Just trying to get the word out now - haven't really had much time to organize stuff.  TONS of E-Body parts but not a lot of E-Body cars.  He does have a plum crazy 4 speed R/T but it's basically just a rolling shell.  Has another Challenger parts car and a Barracuda that isn't too bad.  Lots of door panels, doors, an almost perfect 70 Challenger grill assembly, lots of NOS E-Body, lots of Hemi parts - will continue to post some teaser shots as we get closer.

To answer the question of doing it on a weekday - James G Murphy has a ton of experience doing these and they always do weekday auctions.  The biggest reason is it tends to weed out the people who are not super serious and just want to go to look.  If you are going to take vacation to come you will be serious about buying parts!

To answer a question Cody had it is going to be 10% buyers premium and 13% if you bid online.  Think that is very reasonable for an auction like this.  No fees for getting a bidders card and no credit card fees.  One company we looked at was going to be 18% buyers fee with credit cards!!!???!!!
Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington

HP_Cuda

Hmm just an hour and 20 min flight for me.

Might be interesting, will wait to hear more about the goodies.

:wowzers:
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

rocketresto

Rocket Restorations
Olympia, Washington