Main Menu

CPW Fall Fling October 28, 2017

Started by cuda dad, September 02, 2017, 10:16:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda dad

I hope I am not out line posting this up.  Apparently, there is a Malibu cruise on Friday morning at this one as well.
http://www.cpwclub.com/fallfling.php

1 Wild R/T

True, So Fall is a two day event... I'd still shoot for the Spring Fling... If after that you need more Mopar to get you through the coming winter then come on down....

Cuda Cody

I'm going to try to make it down.  It's a fantastic show.  :banana:

HP_Cuda

I will be there as well, gonna also visit family and friends down in SoCal.
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 02, 2017, 11:05:51 AM
I'm going to try to make it down.  It's a fantastic show.  :banana:

I never miss the Spring or Fall flings. They are real highlights in my year.

Cody, not sure if you recall but I met you last year at one of the shows (April 2016 I believe). You were kind enough to buy a set of rear seats off me so I didn't have to keep storing them!

Cuda Cody

Yes!   :yes:  I do remember.  Thanks for selling me the seats.   :banana:  I put them to good use.  I plan to come down for Fall Fling this year, but don't have a lot of stuff I'm looking for right now.... but we all know how fast that can change when you see something in the Swap Meet.  @autoxcuda  are you going to set up in the Swap Meet again?  Last year he had a TON of cool E-Body parts. 

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 26, 2017, 08:06:16 PM
Cody, not sure if you recall but I met you last year at one of the shows (April 2016 I believe). You were kind enough to buy a set of rear seats off me so I didn't have to keep storing them!

autoxcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on September 26, 2017, 10:36:54 PM
Yes!   :yes:  I do remember.  Thanks for selling me the seats.   :banana:  I put them to good use.  I plan to come down for Fall Fling this year, but don't have a lot of stuff I'm looking for right now.... but we all know how fast that can change when you see something in the Swap Meet.  @autoxcuda  are you going to set up in the Swap Meet again?  Last year he had a TON of cool E-Body parts. 

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 26, 2017, 08:06:16 PM

I might bring a few challenger things. But all I have left is a bunch of restored high quality trim and totally primo original unrestored bolt on ready 70 tan auto console. Im afraid they are too niche stuff for swap meet. Trim includes upper door and back of hood, f/r window, drip rail, weatherstrip,  challenger trim.

I do have new autometer gauges, willwood parking calipers, 72-74 complete tail light housings, new W-2 headers, and some small stuff.
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

CudaMoparRay

I know this is a long shot but is anyone bringing a fender vent, gill, punch, press or something similar that can do the job on fenders still installed while on the car???

autoxcuda

Quote from: CudaMoparRay on October 03, 2017, 04:08:45 PM
I know this is a long shot but is anyone bringing a fender vent, gill, punch, press or something similar that can do the job on fenders still installed while on the car???

I've never heard of such a thing being possible or offered. Anyone else??

There were people in the 90's punching them off the car.

Are you looking to have them punched and not damage the paint and just put bezels over everything?
Spring Fling April 2024 Woodley Park, Van Nuys CA, 600+ Mopars, 175+ all Mopar swap, Malibu Cruise, Mopar Cruise-In: www.cpwclub.com Date comming...

70/6chall

I have been attending the Spring and Fall Flings for a good 20 years now. Although it has been going on for about 30 years now I've done what I've could to attend. Both are truley the premier MOPAR events of the year. the Spring being a mind blowing 2 day event, and the Fall being a 1 day event. This year Saturday October 28th of 2017. I'll be there, hope to see a lot of you there also. As the OCIR ( Orange County International Raceway ) saying goes "Be there or be square".   Thanks,   Al

YellowThumper

I am currently planning on attending. Will also try to make it with my 74.
So far so good on my kids sports commitments.
:fingerscrossed:

Mike
Life is to be viewed thru the windshield. Not rear view mirror.
You are the only one in charge of your destiny.

Mike.

CudaMoparRay

Quote from: autoxcuda on October 03, 2017, 09:53:48 PM
Quote from: CudaMoparRay on October 03, 2017, 04:08:45 PM

I've never heard of such a thing being possible or offered. Anyone else??

There were people in the 90's punching them off the car.

Are you looking to have them punched and not damage the paint and just put bezels over everything?

I plan to be attending so was hoping to kill two birds with one stone.
I remember reading somewhere that someone had made a relatively portable hand press/punch that did one at a time.
In the same piece it also said that punching them with the fender on the car did not warp it like removing the fenders and having them done on a press.
I know they can do the fenders back east but too expensive for shipping back and forth.
Anyway, I live just 20 minutes away so no excuse not to go.
Hope to meet some of you there.