Main Menu

German Mopar Nationals

Started by Cuda Cody, August 03, 2017, 12:37:43 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

Got a message from @TobiasM  that he is having some EBO business cards made up to share with E-Body owners at the German Mopar Nationals!!!   :banana:  How cool is that?  What a great guy to take that on all by himself without being asked.   :clapping:  I wish I had enough time to send you some stickers to hand out too.  Maybe next year.   :germany:

If you see Toby at the German Mopar Nationals please say hi to him.   :wave:

TobiasM

Cody,

you are very welcome!

I am happy to have a chance to contribute something to this great board and doing some promo here overseas in Germany.

There will be several hundred Mopars attending to our Nationals upcoming weekend from all over Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France and sometimes even from Scandinavia!

As anywhere, e-bodies are the most expensive Mopars, so relatively rare compared to b-, c- and a-bodies...but I hope about 50 e-bodies attend to this years show...should result in 5-10 new boardmembers.

BTW, here is our flyer for the Nationals.

RUNCHARGER

My old car is in Austria, maybe it will show up.
Sheldon

soundcontrol

Nice! Would love to drive my car down there when it gets done in a few years! Did not know about that. Been driving to Germany a few times before.

anlauto

Is Tim Welborn's colourful Cuda going to be there or just on the flyer ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

Thank you for your initiative- you're the man, @TobiasM !!  :1place:  :drinkingbud: Wish we could join you!!

:germany:

Chryco Psycho

Thanks for doing this Tobias , it means a lot  :thankyou:
We will build the best E body site world wide !!
Have a great time & enjoy the show !  :banana:

TobiasM

Thanks to everybody for all the kind words...yes, let's build the best e-body site on the planet!

:1place:

@Alan: the colourful Cuda is only on the flyer...no overseas appearances yet...but that replica built to resemble the car shown in the back in the days brochures is a very cool car!

Oh, forgot, one or two years ago we had some visitors from the US there, but it was pure coincidence they were around and as they were on vacation, they of course didn't have any cars with them...but they were very happy to see that lot full of old Mopar-sheetmetal.

TobiasM

Quote from: soundcontrol on August 03, 2017, 01:47:33 PM
Nice! Would love to drive my car down there when it gets done in a few years! Did not know about that. Been driving to Germany a few times before.

Hej Ken,

would be absolutely  great to see you here in Tyskland! Just let me know when you are planning to visit, I might help you in any way.

Our date for the annual Nationals is quite easy to remember: always the first weekend of August.

One year we had some guys from Finnland at our Nationals, they came in an e-body convertible, crazy bunch!

I am also a bit in the same situation like you, but the other way round: visited Sweden several times, but haven't made it to POWER BIG MEET in Västerås, though it is on my "want-to-do-List" year by year.

My other car-passion is to old SAAB turbo's (pre GM) and I am happy to own some of them. This weekend is also the International SAAB-Festival, which is held by 1. Deutscher SAAB-Club and is only about 50km from my door. I am going to head off there in some minutes with my 1978 SAAB 99 turbo, which is actually for sale, as I am running a bit out of storage space somehow ;-)

Attached a pic of my 99turbo, the black one on the left, but excusing for the poor perspective of that photo, but is the only one I got on hand right now.

So I got a full schedule this weekend, with international SAAB-meeting today and Mopar Nationals tomorrow and Sunday...but life could be worse.

soundcontrol

@TobiasM , thanks! Will do, have to see how far I am with my resto next year, would be very cool to drive down to Germany. I missed Power Meet this year, because of work, my work is unpredictable and occupies all my time in periods, so I get stuck. They have actually moved Power Meet to another city, more south in Sweden, so it is actually closer from north Germany than from my place in mid Sweden! Then someone else started a new meet in Västerås called "Summer Meet", same weekend, so it's competition. I heard both meets was good, and had many visitors this year.

Cool with the Saab! They are good cars. I just recorded the sound from a 1966 Saab 2-stroke for a movie, very interesting car.

Seems like some stuff I need is way cheaper in Germany than here, I just ordered Loctite seamsealer from autoteilemann.se, half price comparing to her, is there any other German online stores I can look at? For tools, materials etc?

RzeroB

Hey, if that red Danish '71 HemiCuda that was sold new in Copenhagen shows up, see if you can get some details on it. I never knew that car existed until I stumbled across it over on facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153268424478720&set=pcb.887782094639684&type=3&theater

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Chryco Psycho

Good thing you joined us here Tom !!

TobiasM

@soundcontrol  I'll send you an email/pm!

@RzeroB : great find, that Danish 71 Hemi-Fish! I'll definately let you know, if this thing showed up.

Anyway, REAL Hemi-cars are super rare here both in Germany and in Europe. I know two guys owning a real Hemi: one is RoadRunner (68?) that belongs to Guy from Luxembourg and the other is a plumcrazy 70 Charger, 4spd, 4:10 Dana that belongs to Carsten from my neighbourtown. Both are great guys I often had BBQ with.

Of course there are more cars that were equipped with a Hemi-engine afterswards, but also these are quite rare...in Germany maybe 1-2 dozens. I own such a car (68 RoadRunner, was 383/auto from factory and was converted to a 1966 Hemi).

@all: weather is horrible today, raining cats and dogs...I hope weather gets at least dry from noon on and stays so for the rest of the weekend...cross your fingers, please!

anlauto

@TobiasM maybe you'll see this 1971 Cuda there http://www.alangallantautomotiverestoration.com/Past-Restp---71-340-Cuda.html It's coming up for sale as well if you know anybody looking. :slapme5:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration