Main Menu

Golden Super Cruise

Started by 303 Mopar, September 03, 2017, 01:34:14 PM

Previous topic Next topic

303 Mopar

Gorgeous night last night here in Colorado, so I headed out to the Golden Super Cruise.  So many really cool cars, including this beautiful Superbird and @IMNCARN82's '69 Charger! 

Cuda Cody

What a great time that appears to be.  Perfect weather and some really cool cars.   :bradsthumb:

HP_Cuda

Cool cars and I cannot believe how many folks turned out to watch the cruise!!!
1970 Cuda Yellow 440 4 speed (Sold)
1970 Cuda clone 440 4 speed FJ5
1975 Dodge Power Wagon W200

RusTy/SE

Man, I love cruise events!

Thanks for sharing  :)
JS29U0B

There are no traffic jams along the extra mile - Roger Staubach

Brads70

That sure looks like a good time!  :woohoo:  Great weather too!

Wedg2Go

I found out about this event here and The Latest Scoop - A Colorado publication listing anything and everything that is auto related (a quick shameless plug). They list the next event Oct 7th (2017 and I think the last one for the year) and their WEBsite  www.goldensupercruise.com. If you go to their WEBsite there are 'more' really cool videos to check out. Events, like this one, is where I cut my teeth in the world of cars (Central Ave - Phoenix, AZ - & - Main - Mesa, AZ - 1973 to 1977 circa). I even visited a couple of California hot spots for cruising and other *ahem* car related/surf related activities. I swore, back then, I would die cruising the main drag! Then I got "Domesticated"!!!  :unbelievable:

The only question I have regarding the Golden Super Cruise, for someone in the "Know", is this; Do you have to pay to cruise or park? I was just wondering since I didn't find that info on their site?

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend Oct 7th, since *gulp* SWMBO and I will be enjoying the heat in [begin/sarcasm] beautiful Phoenix, AZ [end/sarcasm] for the birth of our second grand-daughter, Loren ("If" little Loren goes the distance, she is scheduled to be in this world Oct 13th. Yeah, that's right! Friday the 13th...Yikes!!). Then as soon as the love of my life lets-go of this bundle of joy, I am taking the fastest route home in Colorado! SO! My sights are set for this May if this cruise is still an event for 2018, requires zero fees to participate and it's not snowing.

Yeah, I know! Why bother to ask now if my sights are set for May. Lately, it seems in order to have a little "Me Time", I need to plan ahead. Waaay ahead! 

Ya know? My life wouldn't be so complex if I didn't retire...  :looney:  :rofl:

ec_co

Quote from: RockyMtnXpress on September 07, 2017, 12:32:33 PM

The only question I have regarding the Golden Super Cruise, for someone in the "Know", is this; Do you have to pay to cruise or park? I was just wondering since I didn't find that info on their site?

totally free, it's a huge revenue generator for the local businesses
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

303 Mopar

Quote from: ec_co on September 07, 2017, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: RockyMtnXpress on September 07, 2017, 12:32:33 PM

The cruise "officially" runs 1st Saturday's May - Oct, but if its good weather people show up in April and November too.  If you are going to travel up I would suggest the Saturday of the 4th of July and/or Labor Day because those are the most popular.  You can cruise up and down, park and walk or just bring out a chair and watch.  There are bands playing and food trucks too.  It is a great event!   :banana:

CudaMoparRay

Wedg2Go

Perfect! You would be surprised how many of these cruises, across this country, have promoters or production companies. It's amazing how much money they take in after each cruise event. I, for one, am not ready to line the pockets of these opportunist.

Businesses = good!

A little after thought might find me and the Mustang at this event in June. Kind of like a little scouting mission since the Mustang is a little easier to drive. If I like what I see, more than likely I will bring the Challenger in July (if it doesn't kill me first). Bigger event means more fun.

JpRngr

So, not an official month for it, but usually when the weather's nice, people show up. Supposed to be 66 on Saturday, anyone thinking of going? I'm probably going to go and see if anything's going on.

Corey

worthywads

That's a maybe, I usually make 3-4 a year but never figured in February.  Yes, 67F Saturday and 70F Sunday.

ec_co

Quote from: worthywads on January 31, 2020, 02:15:42 AM
That's a maybe, I usually make 3-4 a year but never figured in February.  Yes, 67F Saturday and 70F Sunday.

then snow on Monday, back to normal by Wed .... lol, love this area. can't wait until my E is ready, it will be fun to take it out in the 'winter' occasionally

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

JS29

it will be fun to take it out in the 'winter' occasionally
[/quote] :o :stop: :no:

ec_co

Quote from: JS29 on February 01, 2020, 06:20:51 AM
it will be fun to take it out in the 'winter' occasionally
:o :stop: :no:
[/quote]

lol, you may not know Denver winters - snow drops, it's gone within a day or two and rarely sticks around for more than a week anymore .... lots of 50-70 degree days throughout the 'winter', and cars are meant to be driven. not like I'm gonna drive it in the snow like I would have back in the day, but I will thoroughly enjoy it whenever I can, including winters here