Main Menu

Mopar Englishtown Raceway

Started by Rich G., August 28, 2017, 03:30:17 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Me and cudagirl3406 went to the Mopar E Town Show last weekend. Not as big as it use to be. There were only 16 E bodies there but what was there was very nice

Rich G.

Cuda Cody

EV2RTSE

What's the history on that AAR? It's not this one, restored, is it? (Every time I see an F4 AAR with NJ plates, I wonder...)

Rich G.

That's a cool picture but what a shame to leave a car as rare as these are to sit out and rot to death! I know the history on her car and it's not that one. I wonder where that is and if it's still there?

EV2RTSE

It's a NJ car for sure, Monmouth county to be a little more specific -  it's a recurring "one that got away" story for me. I first found out about it back in the early 90s and it's been sitting outside before then even. I figure one of these days it'll show up restored at Englishtown or Carlisle or wherever, but it's more than likely still sitting in the weeds.

61K T/A

What a shame it's been left outside. By now I'll bet it just falls short of the doors falling off when opened. Bummer

340challconvert

Always sad when someone leaves a car out in the elements. Even worse when it sits on dirt!  New Jersey winters are not kind to cars. Much of Monmouth County is on or near the ocean. Salt air is very corrosive to cars long term and could be adding to the AAR's demise. The soil in Monmouth is also very sandy (would hold moisture) Hope it is still fixable?  :rubeyes:

Data Moderator A66 Challenger Registry

Owner of 1970 A66 Challenger convertible

340challconvert

On a better note; I attended many swap meets in Englishtown back in the 70's and 80's and attended many super stock events at Raceway Park. Anyone remember the "Teacher's Pet" 426 wedge station wagon that used to race there's? My brother and I used to run the bracket racing competition in Englishtown Raceway. My brother in his 69 Chevelle 454 LS 6 that he built and me with my 70 Challenger 440-6 shaker/Dana 4:10. Had lots of fun in those days.

Cudagirl3406

I do remember "Teachers Pet"....here is a picture from back around 1986.  Boy I am dating myself now.  LOL

340challconvert

Some really good racing went on in those days.
Jerry Stein (Teacher's Pet) had a passion for racing big block wedge Mopars back in the day.
Ironically, he lives about a mile from where I live now.
Have to look him up one of these days.