Main Menu

Mopars on the Mississippi 8/27/17

Started by SteveG, August 20, 2017, 06:49:51 PM

Previous topic Next topic

SteveG

Anyone here going to the event in Dubuque, Iowa? I'm going to try and make it.

Cuda Cody

Tell us a little about it?  Have you been before?  What kind of turn out do they normally get?  :)

Burdar

A good one day show. Being in Dubuque, it pulls in cars from at least four states. They used to have a cruise the day before but insurance put a stop to it a couple years ago. It's moved around to a few different locations over the years. It's now held at the fair grounds. I'm planning on going for a little while. It only costs $3 to spectate.(under 16 free) $10 show entry, $15 swap space, $10 car corral

If you live fairly close its worth going to. I'm about 1 1/2 hours away. It will be Nora's first car show. Hopefully the weather is decent. It's usually really hot.

J-Code Jeni

Sounds like a great event! Have fun, @Burdar , & hope you make it out, @SteveG ! Would love to see a few pics from this event, guys! It looks like there's even a cruise on Saturday night- I love cruisin'!   8)

In addition to the info Burdar shared, the host's site is http://mightymississippimopars.com/

Burdar

There is a "cruise-in" on Saturday.  They used to have an actual cruise but I'm told the insurance got too expensive.

jordan

Hi Guys, I plan on going depending on the weather.  I made plans to go with my buddy earlier this week.  Today he says he is going to take his late teenage kids in the back of my 'Cuda!  His son weighs 220lbs and is 6'2" and his daughter is adult woman size.  My buddy is a solid 200lbs.  That is like 550lbs of passengers, not including me!  I have never had that much weight in my lowered car!  I don't really want to do it.  I can believe either kid will fit very well with so little foot room.  And it is a 1.5 hr drive too.  That will halt any impromptu flooring of the accelerator, or picking up a roll on race on the highway.  I may just say screw it and take my motorcycle so I don't have to deal with it.  Its not like my car could ever win a trophy at a Mopar show anyway.  Old school Mopar guys really don't like the protouring look. 

Burdar, are you taking your challenger?  I would like to try to catch up with you in person if possible. 

I would think with good weather that 200 Mopars will show up. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Burdar

They have a modified class.  They have been light on E-bodies the last few years.  I'm not sure why.  The B-bodies always have a large showing.

No, my Challenger will not be there.  I haven't even seen it for two years.  It's at my aunts house since I don't have enough garage space. 

Right now it's supposed to be 75 degrees with only a 20% change of rain. :bigthumb:  Just look for a tall guy with gray hair pushing a stroller.

SteveG

Cuda Cody

Some neat cars.  Thanks for sharing.   :bradsthumb:

jordan

I went.  The show was great.  Im glad the weather held out.  I didn't take my car.  It was just easier to not hassle with it.  I never hang out by it anyway.  I never bumped into Darron.   And the ice cream truck left too early!!

Spectator favorite was the B5 superbird!!
"Don't brake until you see God!"

Burdar

The weather was perfect.  We arrived at 11:00 and left around 2:00.  Pretty small Challenger showing.  I think there were only 4.  Had a little better Cuda turnout.  This show(like many others) is turning into an LX show.  Plenty of new Challengers and Chargers to look at if you are into that.  Big empty areas in the old car sections.

RzeroB

Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Burdar

They were asking $30k.  It looked decent up close. A nice driver.

RzeroB

Thanks Darren!

If you say it's "decent" it must be pretty darn good. Haven't seen it on CL ... wonder how to find out more about it?  :thinking:
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Burdar

I didn't look at it super close. The paint showed nice. It wasn't new but didn't look worn out up close. Honestly I didn't look at it close enough to go into detail. My first thought was that it was decent and not a perfumed pig.