Main Menu

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Rosemont Illinois

Started by JH27N0B, July 27, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

JH27N0B

The king of muscle car shows' 9th edition is happening November 18th and 19th at the Donald E Stephens Convention center in Rosemont IL.  Among the approximately 550 cars on display will be over 100 Mopars.  Many are cars you usually only see in books, magazines or museums.
Of special interest this year will be a feature display of N96 cars.
In addition, many celebrities will be there, some meeting fans and signing autographs.
The convention center's location in Rosemont is on the northwest border of Chicago.  In addition, it is only a couple miles east of O' Hare airport.
Truly a can't miss for fans of rare muscle cars!

anlauto

Funny...when you say "N96" Everybody thinks "Shaker" but there's a lot of B Bodies with "N96" as well. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

J-Code Jeni

Sounds like a not-to-be-missed show, for those in the area!  :yes: 

JH27N0B

Quote from: J-Code Jeni on July 27, 2017, 08:48:19 PM
Sounds like a not-to-be-missed show, for those in the area!  :yes:
Actually the majority of the cars on display at MCACN are not local.  Cars are brought in from all over North America and there have even been a few from Europe.  A couple years ago there was a car on display from Australia!
Somewhere around 125 of last years cars were brought in by classic car haulers like Reliable.
And several collections like Wellborn and The Brothers collection bring their cars in via their own semi trailer car haulers.
Two large remote lots are used to park all the car trailers and some tractor trailers that bring the cars in the Thursday and Friday before the show.
And spectators come from all over the world to attend the show.  Their are many hotels around including 4 or 5 right across the street from the convention center.  If traveling from afar, book rooms soon as most area hotels have all their rooms booked well in advance of MCACN!

anlauto

I really, really enjoyed the show in 2015 when they had the display of Hemi E Body convertibles :drooling: (despite the politics behind it :-X )

Last year in 2016 I had a factory sunroof Challenger on display that I restored and it's owner was gracious enough to offer me free flights, etc... for me to go, but again.....just not enough interest for me.  ::)

Since then, and in the future I don't think there will ever be enough Mopar content to get me to go back. I don't bother looking at anything in the show unless it's a Mopar so it doesn't take long to see all of them, although I did enjoy the vintage bicycles.

I suppose if you enjoy muscle cars of all brands then this is the show for you....they do get the best of the best :ohyeah:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

RUNCHARGER

Ha, ha: Ironic but my friend usually brings one or two cars there from Kelowna B.C. and yet I don't consider attending because of the distance and the fact I'm turning into more of a drive it guy rather than a show it guy. The idea of displaying barn finds with rust and dust doesn't really get me going much either.
I do like the multi make theme though.
Sheldon

JH27N0B

The show is this week!  There are more Mopars scheduled this year than ever before.  I can't wait to see them!
Some of the highlights I know about include over 20 factory shaker E bodies, an unrestored one family owned since new '70 TX9 hemi Challenger (bought new by a Detroit motorcycle cop!), an FM3 70 Roadrunner convertible barn find, a hemi Challenger convertible, Waldens "4 door Barracuda", a just completed FJ6 AAR restoration, and mid 60s vintage factory drag cars.
I'll be there working during set up, and over the weekend.  Weather is looking promising, no snow storms, so I hope everyone on the fence about making the trip comes out to the show!

benlavigne

I'll be there with my new E-Bodies.com shirt!
Very excited, my 4th one!

Ben

anlauto

Quote from: benlavigne on November 12, 2017, 05:57:01 PM
Very excited, my 4th one! :haha:
Ben

You got four of the T-shirts already ? :unbelievable: WoW :twothumbsup:..........

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

benlavigne

Quote from: anlauto on November 12, 2017, 07:17:13 PM
Quote from: benlavigne on November 12, 2017, 05:57:01 PM
Very excited, my 4th one! :haha:
Ben

You got four of the T-shirts already ? :unbelievable: WoW :twothumbsup:..........

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Bla Bla Bla... Excuse my English...
My 4th MCACN!
I'd love to see you post something in French!!!  :rolleyes:  :P

Benoit!

anlauto

benlavigne

TheAutoArchaeologist

Ryan Brutt
The Automotive Archaeologist
TheAutoArchaeologist@yahoo.com
www.barnfinds.org

Cuda Cody

Let's see some photos!!!   :takepicture:  I hope everyone is having a great time!

JH27N0B

Show doesn't start until tomorrow!
Actually I've taken hundreds of pictures already, no time yet to organize and put in a Flickr album.
Will do soon!