Main Menu

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals Rosemont Illinois

Started by JH27N0B, July 27, 2017, 05:32:15 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Linked Events

jordan

Im Leaving now for Chicago in this total craptastic weather of mix rain/snow and 34*!!  I hope to bump into some of you guys and at least check out the coolest cars. 
"Don't brake until you see God!"

anlauto

The owner of that yellow sunroof Challenger claims the "hood black-out" was always white ? :thinking: :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

76orangewagon

Here are a few pics I took today.

76orangewagon

more..

76orangewagon

last ones...

Cuda Cody

Great photos!!!  What is your thoughts about this years show?  How's the quality of the cars and what did you like most?

76orangewagon

Quote from: Cuda Cody on November 18, 2017, 06:34:45 PM
Great photos!!!  What is your thoughts about this years show?  How's the quality of the cars and what did you like most?
This was my first year of attending and my main interest was the N96 display but I must say there were amazing cars from every manufacture represented. 

fc7cuda

Quote from: TX9AAR on November 18, 2017, 10:03:49 PM
This year they have a good display of Studebakers  while they are not a car that I  have an interest in I have great respect for the owners who have restored these cars because it must be so difficult to restore one of these cars because of the lack of reproduction parts..

:iagree:  My brother and I have been working on our dad's 63 R2 Avanti, and it is definitely a different world regarding repo. parts compared to Mopars.  Although, Ford and Chevy still have it better.  :alan2cents:

anlauto

Quote from: TX9AAR on November 19, 2017, 07:44:48 AM
Quote from: 76orangewagon on November 18, 2017, 06:07:59 PM
Here are a few pics I took today.

Looks like Tim Well born owns it now video sign says it is the newest addition to the Wellborn museum

"owns" What ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2017, 07:03:56 AM
The owner of that yellow sunroof Challenger claims the "hood black-out" was always white ? :thinking: :yes:

:Stirring:

303 Mopar

Quote from: anlauto on November 18, 2017, 07:03:56 AM

The only way I could think this would be accurate is if it was some type of pre-production car.   :notsure:

anlauto

I was referring to an article in MCG about the car, I thought MCG got it wrong until I also got an email from the owner stating the same thing....I find it hard to believe.  :huh:

anlauto

Are you saying Tim Welborn now owns the yellow 71 Sunroof Challenger ?

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on November 19, 2017, 08:35:46 AM
I was referring to an article in MCG about the car, I thought MCG got it wrong until I also got an email from the owner stating the same thing....I find it hard to believe.  :huh:

Alan, even if he bought the car new which I doubt I would have a hard time believing Chrysler made a white hood treatment.... Maybe the dealer but not Chrysler.... And custom vinyl was allot harder to accomplish back in 1970 than it is these days.... Which means that white hood treatment probably first got applied in the 80's...

anlauto

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on November 19, 2017, 08:43:34 AM
Quote from: anlauto on November 19, 2017, 08:35:46 AM

Alan, even if he bought the car new which I doubt I would have a hard time believing Chrysler made a white hood treatment.... Maybe the dealer but not Chrysler.... And custom vinyl was allot harder to accomplish back in 1970 than it is these days.... Which means that white hood treatment probably first got applied in the 80's...

I agree, 100%. The same guy sold the FE5 sunroof 70 Challenger to my customer and was mad when I didn't paint the tail panel black, again because he insisted it was black from the factory, not having owned either car from new. :dunno: