Main Menu

1st Time Going to Carlisle

Started by Claudia, December 05, 2019, 08:57:28 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Claudia

Okay, so we are officially planning to make the trek over to Carlisle in July 2020 . . . what are the do's and don't from the more seasons goers for us first timers?

hrtbkr

Wear comfortable shoes.  There's lots to see and you'll be walking all day.

Burdar

Are you driving a car into the show grounds?  If not, get there early.  There is no event parking.  You will be parking in peoples yards if you want a close spot.  Those prime spots will go quickly.

Drink lots of water...it will be hot.  Look through the swap meet on Friday if you need parts.  There will be a lot more cars on Saturday to look at.

Claudia

I am planning to drive a motor-home and trailer my car.  :fingerscrossed:

anlauto

Don't be afraid to extend your stay. The show is Friday-Sunday on paper, but it's much more like Wednesday -Saturday.
If you have a windshield sticker on your show car (or vending spot), you can arrive anytime you like and come and go 24 hours a day...
Most larger vendors are arriving Tuesday and setting up....Thursday (when I get there) is always a flurry of activity in the swap meet, and you hear of all the deals you missed on Wednesday... :headbang: A LOT of vendors are packed up and long gone by Saturday at noon :alan2cents:

As far as show cars...not much in the fields Thursday, but Friday is full, Saturday (weather pending) is over full and Sunday is practically empty...Always check the forecast, because if the weather is going to be bad Saturday, then Friday becomes the big show car day. :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

@anlauto When I called Carlisle, they stated that the earliest that I could get in would be 7:00 AM on Thursday since I will have window stickers for both the motor-home and my car?  Good tip on the Sunday ho-hum . . . seems like most swap meets that I attend are all the same as well . . . hot on Friday, steady on Saturday and a ghost town on Sunday's.

anlauto

Quote from: Claudia on December 05, 2019, 10:05:22 AM
@anlauto When I called Carlisle, they stated that the earliest that I could get in would be 7:00 AM on Thursday since I will have window stickers for both the motor-home and my car?  Good tip on the Sunday ho-hum . . . seems like most swap meets that I attend are all the same as well . . . hot on Friday, steady on Saturday and a ghost town on Sunday's.

Yea that's likely true for shows cars I guess...I think the entry rules are different for vendors. But you nailed the swap meet description. :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Claudia

Yeah, probably different for vendors to get time to setup.

Rich G.

The bad part of Mopar Carlisle is that nothing compares to it and you'll want that experience at every show so it will spoil you. Shop early if you're looking for anything before it gets to hot. You can walk the same isle 10 times and see stuff you didn't see before. I've gone more years then I can remember and have never seen everything there is to see. Plenty of food to eat there, clean bathrooms and good ice cream! And there is a nice little pub there if you need to cool off and have a beer to relax! You'll be in Mopar heaven.

kathyscuda

First timer?? that's lol.
wife and I have been going for over twenty five years.
i got a laugh for you,,
we were walking by orig paint 340 4 speed cudas for $7500
and orig paint 340 4 speed dusters for $3500 .
and that was TOO MUCH $$$$
oh how flippers and BJ auction have changed things.
you will have fun. oh ya and it hits almost 100 degrees there ..

cuda hunter

Quote from: Rich G. on December 05, 2019, 10:26:54 AM
The bad part of Mopar Carlisle is that nothing compares to it and you'll want that experience at every show so it will spoil you.

Isn't that the truth.  Last year was my first and I'm hooked. Nothing compares. 

Just make sure you hang around the club and go to the little events that are planned.  Nice to have a group of friends when you arrive in a foreign location.  I truly enjoyed hanging with the club.  I've never been a big club guy so it was very different and unique for me.  One of the best events of the year for sure! 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Claudia

I see where when registering they are asking for a club affiliation . . . what little events are usually planned?

Do all of the ebodies.org members get to park together in the show field?

cuda hunter

make sure you enter under our club.  I believe if I heard correctly, that the more people register to our club will get us a bigger tent.  More views, more members, more cars on the site.   Better for all of us here. 

I'm not sure what is planned aside from a pizza dinner and a restaurant dinner.   And I believe lunch at the tent on Saturday.
don't quote me though.  I'm sure the plans will be spelled out on here as we get closer. 

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Spikedog08

The club is planning many fun activities for the show this year.  Yes we will have a large tent to call home base and a nice spot to get out of the sun so bring a chair.  Please do register under the club name of ebodies.org.  This year we should have a great turnout of members!  If you're bringing an ebody, then yes all the ebodies park together . .  And our tent is typically in the middle of them all!

:clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

blown motor

Yes all e-bodies park together but Challengers park separate from Cudas and 70 is separate from 71 which is separate from 72-4. Originals are separate from modified also.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel