Main Menu

2019 Carlisle Club Tent speech by ViperMan! (Video)

Started by Cuda Cody, July 17, 2019, 08:32:05 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

@ViperMan  did a great speech before lunch on Saturday.   :clapping: 

CudaMoparRay

Spikedog08

I bet it took some time for Viperboy to memorize the speech . . . but well done!   :perfect10:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Cuda_mark

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

MEK-Dangerous

I'm going to guess he stayed up nights writing that speech.

Nice job Jeff!   :)

J-Code Jeni

Awesome job, Jeff! I was thoroughly impressed and touched he included us as "the one on the way" .  :inlove:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Chryco Psycho

ViperMan

SWEET!!  You somehow didn't catch that part I flubbed!!!   :haha:

Several years ago, @Spikedog08 started inviting me to say something to everyone during the club dinner.  Obviously I was caught off guard at first, but having been a performing artist since I was 8, I quickly fell into a groove and it became something I really looked forward to, year after year.

In 2017 I made that cool video announcing the party that we were throwing - I tried to feature as many members as I could in that video, because it's for you folks that we go every year; not the cars!  I was so excited for my silly speech at that dinner that I donned a cloak and "crown" costume for it!  So this year, as I was heading home from work the Tuesday before we left, I just kinda came up with that poem.  It started with a few rhymes ("e-bodies in red, white and blue, barracudas and challengers - and that Coronet, too!" and "toast those here today, but also Roadman, and Andy, and those on the way" were the first two I came up with) and it just blossomed from there.  :)  I actually figured it all out in about 35 minutes, and then spent the drive up memorizing it.  :)

It's always been an honor to be a part of the club, despite being e-body-less since 2009.  :(  Hopefully that'll change soon!  Cheers, everyone!   :cheers:

RUNCHARGER

Sheldon