Main Menu

A Decade of Carlisle: Special Announcement at Tent, 7/14/17 at 10AM!

Started by ViperMan, June 26, 2017, 06:39:37 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ViperMan

Carlisle Goers!!!

Be at the club tent on Friday (Day 1 of the Chrysler show at Carlisle), 7/14/17 at 10AM for a special announcement regarding the location of our "A Decade of Carlisle" dinner celebration!

"But where's the club tent going to be?!"

See the picture below - most of you will come up Carlisle Springs road along the very left edge of this image, and enter at Gate 3 in the top-left.  You'll angle to the left, heading north-east, and then curve along the hill in the top-right corner of the picture.  The tent is usually in the area of the red star.  I recall one year where it was in the green area just above where the star is shown, and I believe there was one year that it was further to the left in the same area it's shown in, but it's always been right around that area.  @Spikedog08 and @Cuda Cody will have banners for both CC.C and EB.O on the tent, so just look for our signs!

(I highlighted the swaps area for reference just in case that's where you normally hang out.)

IF you can't make the tent at 10am, stop by sometime after 10 and I'll have flyers hanging from a post in the tent with all the same information, as well as my phone number in case you get lost or what-not (but it's very easy to get to.)

Cuda Cody

:banana:  I'm getting super excited!!!!  Sent the banners to SpikeDog08 last week so they should be in his hands soon.

MEK-Dangerous

Jeff,

It looks like the tent is in the usual area. The good news is porta john's aren't far away. Or am I the only one the cares about that??   :smile:

There will be a vendor selling breakfast each day just to the left when you enter gate 3. It's right after the car wash area, not far from our tent. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the place, but I just wanted to throw this out there. Good food, at a cheap price. Coffee is so-so, but digestible.

ViperMan

Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on June 26, 2017, 02:36:28 PM
Jeff,

It looks like the tent is in the usual area. The good news is porta john's aren't far away. Or am I the only one the cares about that??   :smile:

There will be a vendor selling breakfast each day just to the left when you enter gate 3. It's right after the car wash area, not far from our tent. I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the place, but I just wanted to throw this out there. Good food, at a cheap price. Coffee is so-so, but digestible.

MEK - I don't think we know the actual location of the tent yet - I was just illustrating where it usually is.

I can't remember the name of that little breakfast diner either, but I remember it was several years ago that they had steak and eggs, and they were literally the best steaks I'd had in a while, and I got there the next year, SO excited to order them again and they didn't have any.  They kinda just grab whatever is cheap from the store, and I guess steaks weren't on sale that year...  :)

A lot of vendors behind the grand-stands also have breakfasts in the morning - the one year we got FEASTS for like, $10 bucks.

jimynick

I thought Alan was setting up a dining tent to augment the vending dinero? No?  :Stirring:  :D
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

Spikedog08

We will have the banners flying high on the tent!  Should be easy to find! 

:clapping:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

MEK-Dangerous

Quote from: ViperMan on June 26, 2017, 05:15:43 PM
Quote from: MEK-Dangerous on June 26, 2017, 02:36:28 PM
Jeff,

MEK - I don't think we know the actual location of the tent yet - I was just illustrating where it usually is.

I can't remember the name of that little breakfast diner either, but I remember it was several years ago that they had steak and eggs, and they were literally the best steaks I'd had in a while, and I got there the next year, SO excited to order them again and they didn't have any.  They kinda just grab whatever is cheap from the store, and I guess steaks weren't on sale that year...  :)

A lot of vendors behind the grand-stands also have breakfasts in the morning - the one year we got FEASTS for like, $10 bucks.

Jeff,

My brain just started working again.   ::)

The place I was thinking of near gate 3 is Sunrise breakfast.  You are correct in that there are a few vendors by the grandstand that serve breakfast as well. I just wanted to point out a place close to the tent. 

Buddy, I so can't wait for this year's Carlisle it isn't even funny.    :veryexcited:

Spikedog08

Cuda Cody

Please look them over and let me know if you need anything else or if there is anything I can do to make them easier for us to install? 

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 27, 2017, 03:00:19 PM
@Cuda Cody  Banners have arrived!    :clapping:

Spikedog08

They look great!  I already have a plan on how to hang them up . . . last year I tried something different with the cc.com banners and it worked GREAT!  I will get the materials that I need for these and come prepared!  AWESOME! 

:clapping:  :banana:  :clapping:  :banana:  :worship:

ViperMan

Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 27, 2017, 03:10:00 PM
They look great!  I already have a plan on how to hang them up . . . last year I tried something different with the cc.com banners and it worked GREAT!  I will get the materials that I need for these and come prepared!  AWESOME! 

Yeah using the pole pegs at the top to mount PVC tubing was pretty clever, even for you...

Y'old fart...  ;)

:vipermanhiding:

Spikedog08

Quote from: ViperMan on June 27, 2017, 07:57:34 PM
Quote from: Spikedog08 on June 27, 2017, 03:10:00 PM

Yeah using the pole pegs at the top to mount PVC tubing was pretty clever, even for you...

Y'old fart...  ;)

:vipermanhiding:

I do have my moments!   :D

Worried about the larger tent if we get it . . Just deal with it when we get there if there is an issue . .

jimynick

In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

ViperMan

Quote from: jimynick on June 29, 2017, 09:48:38 PM
What? They don't sell duct tape in PA?  :D

Heck yeah - whaddaya think was holding my old e-body together?!  :)