Main Menu

Car spots

Started by cuda hunter, September 30, 2019, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

So, not sure if I'm gonna have an e body running by next carlisle. 
I'm considering bringing my a body.  Especially since all the cars I saw at carlisle were show cars, mine is not.
Can I still put my a body somewhere in the ebody part of the field?  Mostly so I'm closer to ebodies tent? 
Just curious really.  Not sure what my plan is aside from being there.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Burdar

I'm pretty sure that technically, you're supposed to park in the same area that they have designated for your body style.  However, I know in years past that other people have parked their non-Es around the club tent.

blown motor

@cuda hunter Not all cars at Carlisle are show cars, not by a long shot. If you can drive it or trailer it, bring it. Who cares what condition it's in. It's mostly about the people anyways.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

7E-Bodies

Correct. I was there in 2017 and there were javelins parked by the tent.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

cuda hunter

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

MEK-Dangerous

If you can drive, push, or trailer your car into the showfield, no problems. All things in the showfield aren't picture perfect, but that appeals to me. I can post a picture or 3 from this year as an example.

Now about parking around the tent with an A-body. Friday won't be a problem, but on Saturday, people judge the cars. So you MIGHT have to deal with the parking police when they see your car isn't parked in it's correct area.

Josh, I'm just glad to see you are considering coming out again. You are an awesome guy.

cuda hunter

Thanks a lot MEK !!  I sure appreciate it.
I'm not just considering it, I'm in.  with or without a car.

I've never been a club kinda guy.  I just don't really fit into rules and box's.  After showing up to carlisle this year I really felt a "Welcome" from this club.  First time.  It does help that I've been talking with most guys on here for years but face to face is a totally different scenario.  This place is great and I'm so glad that Cody stepped up with this site for the sake of us hobbyists out here.

I'll probably bring my A body (warrior) to the show.  I'll trailer it.  27 hour drive doesn't sound that great with racing seats and 4:10 gears.  I'd probably blow the thing up. 

Spikedog08

Ya know . . Any other year I would say . . "Sure certainly be a spot in the ebody area for your car!"  But being that it is the 50 year of the ebody, I fear that there will be a large turnout for the ebodies . .. one year Old School brought the beast and management came by and told him he had to move it . . Unhappy he was.  We ended up putting it under the tent first then he moved into the middle behind a couple members cars and that worked out.  I'm confident we could work something out.  I don't bring a personal tent as we have the club tent and if another member like Viperboy parks next to me with his new cuda, you could slide it in behind us . .

:bigthumb:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on September 30, 2019, 09:56:15 AM
@cuda hunter Not all cars at Carlisle are show cars, not by a long shot. If you can drive it or trailer it, bring it. Who cares what condition it's in. It's mostly about the people anyways.

:iagree: Please bring it! I love that car and would love to see it in person!  Mine looks much better in pictures than it really is..... its no show car either! Just a street driver!

cuda hunter

Quote from: Spikedog08 on September 30, 2019, 02:45:23 PM
Ya know . . Any other year I would say . . "Sure certainly be a spot in the ebody area for your car!"  But being that it is the 50 year of the ebody, I fear that there will be a large turnout for the ebodies . .. one year Old School brought the beast and management came by and told him he had to move it . . Unhappy he was.  We ended up putting it under the tent first then he moved into the middle behind a couple members cars and that worked out.  I'm confident we could work something out.  I don't bring a personal tent as we have the club tent and if another member like Viperboy parks next to me with his new cuda, you could slide it in behind us . .  :bigthumb:

Well I don't want to rock the boat too much.  However it works out will be fine. 

cuda hunter

Quote from: Brads70 on September 30, 2019, 03:27:44 PM

:iagree: Please bring it! I love that car and would love to see it in person!  Mine looks much better in pictures than it really is..... its no show car either! Just a street driver!

I'm almost embarrassed to bring it.  It's just such a ratty car.    I'm considering it though.

RUNCHARGER

Usually the not so perfect cars are more interesting than the perfect ones.
Sheldon

blown motor

I saw at Carlisle a few years ago was one that a young couple had pulled out of a barn. It was ratty but they were so proud of it. I told them I thought it was really cool that they weren't afraid to show it in tat condition.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Spikedog08

Quote from: cuda hunter on September 30, 2019, 06:30:11 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on September 30, 2019, 03:27:44 PM

I'm almost embarrassed to bring it.  It's just such a ratty car.    I'm considering it though.

Worse than the car you brought in 2019?   Wow  . . Just wow!    :stop:
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

cuda hunter

not worse than that thing.

Although there was never less than 2 people at that car talking about it the entire show.  I need to make a post about that car.